Food Allergy
Options

medical mystery rash

I have also posted this question on 0-3 month board, but thought there might be more thoughts on this board. 

My little girl is 4 1/2 months old. She has had a rash for a little over three weeks now. She had a small patch of eczema on her leg and back at the beginning. She than began to develope a red rash on upper thighs and upper arms. The rash slowly spread down her arms and legs, then to back, next to stomache and finally to neck and face. It was red and sandpaper feeling. Areas would fade & come back. It looked as though she was having a major eczema flare. Drs were unsure whether it was viral or eczema flare. It than to cup up in large red patches that would swell up on one thigh, and over one side of face and eye. It was swelling her eye shut. That started to fade but still maintained the sandpaper feel all over body. As of monday morning all looked clear. Monday night small rash back. Tuesday after day care her arms, legs and face were completely bright red and swollen, but nothing to trunk or anywhere that had been cobered by clothing. She also will develpe bright red areas and swelling when she rubs her eyes or areas on face. This morning all was gone, no sign of any rash whatsoever. This afternoon we put her in her excersaucer/bouncer and I began to notice her arms starting to turn a little red. I immediately took her out & brought her upstairs. She now has a red slightly bumpy rash over arms and legs. She has had no fever except one night this week it was 99.2. No signs of sickness. When at Dr the first time her throat, ears etc looked clear.

We have been using hydrocortisone and aquaphor on the rash. I have stopped giving her vitamin d drops, tylenol in case of drug allergy. we have rewashed all clothes on sanitary cycle. We have alwasy used free and clear soaps and no softeners, so no changes there. She is a breastfed baby. I am not sure if she is having a reaction to something like polyester or a fabric, latex (sophie), a virus, eczema or what. Starting to go a little crazy. Any thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: medical mystery rash

• Options
    we did just purchase a new home and moved in the a couple weeks before this started. previous owner had cats. we also had carpets cleaned. also have thought about allergies to carpet chemicals and of course cat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No real thoughts to help you.  I do have to agree that trying to figure out this allergy thing is hard.  Sometimes I want so much to just throw my hands up in defeat but there is no way I can do that.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds like her immune system is on the attack I would take her to an immunologist also have you ever seen a kid with childhood mast cell spots check out what it looks like to compare in my experience cortisone doesn't help in these situations on the skin
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"