Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby gate for top of stairs

We have a railing on the interior wall of our staircase, so I assume the baby gate would need to be mounted on the face of the wall (ie not in the door frame) is there a specific gate I should look at? This is a high traffic staircase for us, so I'd likely want something that can be removed easily or walk thru. Thanks!
*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
imageimage

Re: Baby gate for top of stairs

• Options
    Take a look at the Kiddyguard Avent or Accent retractable gate. It's on the pricey side, but it is rated for top of the stairs use (not all gates are, it should say if it is...if it doesn't, it's not a stair gate). I liked that they were unobtrusive and easy to use and they can also be mounted on railings if need be. I had the Avent for a while and really like that it was easy to use.
  • Options
    We have a weird set up for ours stairs. Couldn't find a gate that would fit securely enough so we ended up putting regular walkthru ikea gates on all the bedrooms upstairs- including ours b/c the kids play in there sometimes while I shower. It actually worked better than I anticipated- still have the gates up now to keep them in their rooms in the morning and keep animals out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't completely visualize what you're describing but we have a oddly designed staircase - actually, correction, poorly designed (odd makes it seem like it was purposeful; the builder clearly did not think through the configuration of the railing and posts when it comes to the need to add a gate) - and we could not find a gate that would securely and safely fit at the top of our stairs so we ended up putting a gate in the hallway that leads from DS's room to the stairs.  If you can't get something to fit properly on the actual staircase, a hallway gate may be an option to consider.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"