August 2012 Moms
Options

Does your baby have super huge pupils?

My dad and sister just noticed this about Emery today.  It had never occured to me before but, sure enough, they are really big, like much bigger than anyone elses in the same lighting, even his 7month old cousin.  I checked, and they seem to both be the same size and dilate down equally when I shine a flashlight into his eyes.  Still, it freaked me out a little. 

So!  Errybody go look at those baby blues!  And browns, greens and hazels!  And tell me to stop worrying.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does your baby have super huge pupils?

• Options
    Stop worrying :) Avery has big pupils.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    I have huge pupils. My eye doctor loves it because she doesn't even need to dilate my eyes. It's not a problem. The only thing she's ever told me is if I ever wanted LASIK it might not work and to make sure I get a few opinions first.
    What color are E's eyes? She said it was more common in lighter colored eyes.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    His eyes are so dark that it's hard to see pupils. Could it be an illusion of either very dark or light eyes? 

ETA: As you can see from his newborn pic, he never had blue eyes. He was a greenish brown and now full mahogany now.  
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options

Thanks ladies.  He has very light, very vibrant blue eyes, @SJandVA , so maybe that has something to do with it.  I guess it just took me off guard to have something pointed out to me that I had never noticed before but was suddenly glaringly obvious and a bit strange.

He also had albuterol and benedryl this week, but not since Tuesday.  I wonder if either of those might have something to do with it...

• Options

Thanks ladies.  He has very light, very vibrant blue eyes, @SJandVA , so maybe that has something to do with it.  I guess it just took me off guard to have something pointed out to me that I had never noticed before but was suddenly glaringly obvious and a bit strange.

He also had albuterol and benedryl this week, but not since Tuesday.  I wonder if either of those might have something to do with it...

My eyes are very blue too.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Once in college, my roommate asked me what I thought about her crush after running into him. I said he had a big head. Why did I say that? Anyway, she could never get past it and he became "Big Head" in her stories. I bet that's what's happening.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    @Baker_Bride, it's stories like those that make me wish we could hang out! Too bad you love your neck of the woods and I have no desire to leave the West coast!
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lol @Baker_bride! Yes! That must be it. ;)

• Options

@aggiedaner THAT IS MY BABY!

Eerie, really.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"