December 2010 Moms
Options

toddler sleep regression? :)

seriously....oliver was been an awesome sleeper since he was 6 months old.  but hes been waking up calling for us at night 1-2 per night for the past few weeks.  last night, he woke up screaming FOUR times.  every two hours he was up.  what the what????
anyone elses toddler doing this?   misery loves company....
between this and duncan's ear infection wake ups..im a zombie.  and we are out of coffee. :( 

Re: toddler sleep regression? :)

• Options
    S did this and seems to be coming out of it. I think it was a mix of attention seeking post new baby, potty training, and a few bouts of illness. Honestly, I thought he'd quit night waking weeks ago, but dh informed me otherwise. (He gets up with Sebastian since I do baby wake ups.) Sorry your lo is messing with sleep. It sucks to be ill rested.
  • Options
    I would say we have about 1-2 random wake ups a week now. Sometimes more, sometimes none. Seems its either potty related or just random "I need to be tucked back in". Luckily it takes less than 5 mins when he does wake up.

So annoying that my 13 month old STTN more often that the almost 3 year old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe nightmares have started?

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Since G started PT, hes been waking up almost every night, once a night, asking to use the potty.  Its so annoying.  I wish he'd hold it til he wakes up in the morning or just pee in his overnight diapers lol.  Most of the time he'll go right back to sleep but sometimes (like last night) it took him 45min to fall asleep and I had to lie beside him til he slept again.  Ugh.  If I could send coffee to you right now, I would.   ~O)  I-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
  • Options
    thanks for the feedback ladies.  nighttime is the only time he wears diapers anymore, and he doesnt ask for potty at night.  but he DOES ask to be tucked back in and i do think maybe some dreams are scaring him.  i hope its a phase, but then, even if it is, i suspect it will come and go over the years. i should probably get used to it.  last night was great.  oliver woke up only once at 5:00 am and went back to sleep unitl 6:30.  duncan slept all the way through!  of course, i couldnt go back to sleep after 5:00, but it was still a treat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"