Adoption
Options

Best News in a long time

My husband and I are going to Hawaii for $10 each! Did you hear about that mistake, where someone at United posted a bunch of fairs for free, with just some small fee attached? Well, I heard about it by chance, and snagged us two seats to Hawaii for a week my husband has to take off from work. We figured, worst case scenario would be that they don't honor the fare and we cancel. United just said they'd honor the tickets! I'm hoping this is the start of our luck changing for the better!

Re: Best News in a long time

• Options
    I am tickled for you, CS!  I saw a news clip about it but didn't know anyone that bought tickets.  So cool!  Have you been before?
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    I am tickled for you, CS!  I saw a news clip about it but didn't know anyone that bought tickets.  So cool!  Have you been before?
    No, neither of us have been to Hawaii. We always figured we'd leave that for last. We even have a bank account just with deposited loose change called "Hawaii Trip Money" because we knew it would be expensive. We have about $5,000 in there after years of collecting change.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So much for my luck changing, though. I went to pick the boys up from school, and the principal made a be-line for me and started idly chatting me up about meeting J and how cute he was. I just couldn't cope. I am still so angry with her. I totally ignored her as she chatted on through the entire pick-up. I never said a word to her. I just couldn't. I didn't want to say anything I'd regret, I didn't want to make fake-nice, and I didn't want to acknowledge her. I know it wasn't the right thing to do and will probably bite me in the arse, but I just couldn't.
  • Options
    That is so cool!!  Sounds wonderful and it sounds like you were meant to get those $10 seats!  Enjoy the trip :-)
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • Options
    That's amazing. I adore Hawaii, we've been there twice in the last 3 years. What island are you going to? I have good tips on Maui and Oahu!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on the trip!
    10/27/07
  • Options
    That is AMAZING!!! You guys totally deserve a nice vacation! :-D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AWESOME!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    That is awesome!

5/10 - Gideon 6/12 Warren
    4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"