May 2013 Moms
Options

mother of the year.... vent

So I'm in this group on facebook for breastfeeding support... A lot of the women are all about attachment parenting, and that's fine, I do some stuff that would be considered attachment parenting... but this one post really flooored me.... 
"So at a loss right now. My friend is over with his 3 month old baby boy. Now I do not let my six month old daughter cry for any reason unless I happen to go pee and come back and she's been fussing for a few on her own but never let her get actual tears. Anyways he's been here for like three hours and his poor baby just keeps crying and he just lets him lay there. I tried to pick him up but he says not to he needs to develop his lungs and I dont wanna spoil him. It is seriously breaking my heart! Even my daughter is kinda looking at him like whats wrong with him then she looks at me with concern in her eyes which I may be mistaken on that but it really seems that way. I just dont know what I should do. I said to him ya know you cant spoil him right now he just needs you even if its just to be held and he just kinda shrugged it off. Should I just leave it alone or? I hate it. Hes such a little guy and he just got custody so im not sure if he just doesnt have a like a mothering instinct or not." 
So I obviously don't think it's right that he let his baby cry for that long, especially at that age, but really, your 6 month old looked at him with concerning eyes? uhhhh... and how in hell do you not allow your baby to cry ever!?! no tears.... ever?!?! REALLY?!? Sorry if I offended anyone, but I found that really unbelievable! 

Re: mother of the year.... vent

• Options
    I agree... I definitely don't think CIO at 3 months is ok, but how on earth do you not let your child shed a tear... My son cried for an hr this morning... good ol teething lol and for the life of me couldn't get him to stop... 
  • Options
    There is no way that her baby never cries. I call bs, I do not let dd CIO but she does cry. It's pretty much inevitable that babies will cry at some point. I will say though it would be really hard for me to not pick up a baby that had been crying for that long :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know lmao I read it to DH and he burst out laughing... especially at the 6 month old's "concerning" eyes... lol
  • Options
    That's called a doll!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ahhh I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought she was full of it! lol I love the may mama's! 
  • Options
    Ha! Wait until she has another kid. No way you can have 2 LOs and have them both never cry.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options

Apparently this women doesn't shit. Since a pee is too much for her no cry parenting she must be REAL stopped up cause a poo would be waaaay too long. I knew she was full of shit.

I take V with me to the restroom in the middle of the night because she wakes up if I so much as roll away from her, and she'll cry and wake up E. So far I haven't needed a MOTN poop yet. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"