May 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY - Age

2»

Re: GTKY - Age

• Options
    I'm 26
    DS is our first and I would like 2 more!
  • Options
    34 (bday was yesterday)
    S is our first
    We're planning on having one more, probably start trying after S turns 1.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD is our first

We'd like 1 more.  Probably try in a year or so.

I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • Options

35. DS is our first, and I'm  pretty certain we're one and done.

I say "pretty certain," because I could probably be convinced to have one more. I don't think H could be, though. :) And I'm okay with that.

For the record, where I'm from (MA... and then lived in CA) we're right on target, age-wise for kids (well, I am... DH is 40). Here, though? (STL) we're definitely on the older side. 
    Maybe we are twins? Lol!

35 for me.

DS is our first ( took 3 yrs).

I would like another but don't think Dh will go for it. He just turned 41.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options

34 (bday was yesterday)
    S is our first

Happy belated birthday!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DS is our first

We want 1-3 more kids, but will wait until DS is self sufficient before having another.
  • Options
    24 (turning 25 Oct 1!)

Autumn is our first. We definitely want more children :)
  • Options
    Lolalipsy said:

34 (bday was yesterday)
    S is our first

Happy belated birthday!!
    Happy Belated! Hope you had a great one!

• Options
    Happy Belated @crazycoffeegirl!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    L is our first. DH and I both want a larger family. I think we agreed on a total of 4 kiddos. We will try for baby 2 next fall when L is about 18 months.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    35 LO is my second. We want one more before I'm 38.
  • Options
    All these replies make me wonder how many of us will end up in the same birth month board next time :-)

• Options
    gmorel said:

All these replies make me wonder how many of us will end up in the same birth month board next time :-)

I think about this all the time. Hope there's at least one person I "know".
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was kind of a meh birthday actually...we're in CO so we've got flooding everywhere and all our bday plans for last night and this weekend went out the window....oh well.
  • Options
    @crazycoffeegirl well try to make the best of it, hopefully you'll be able to cash in a bday night out soon (never too late) :-)

• Options
    thanks @gmorel! We're hoping the rain and waters subside some so we can actually leave the house...
  • Options

They are our second and third. 

Considering that we were "one and done" before being surprised with twins, I'd say we are definitely done.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    30 and DS is our first. @MAdams728, we also waited quite awhile, DS was born 12 days before our 10 year anniversary! We'd like to have another sometime, maybe 2 years.
  • Options

I'm 25

DD is our first

I'd like to have 2 more children before I'm 30. We are going to try for our next one when A is a year old.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm 32.

DS is our second boy. I'd like to have one more. Still working on convincing DH. the 4 month sleep regression isn't helping my case lol. Probably when DS is 2 or so.
  • Options

G is our first

One more biologically in a few years. A third via adoption if we can afford it.
  • Options
    I'm 33. DD is our first. I'd like 1 more when LO is about 3.

• Options
    I am 39 and we have 3 kids 4.5. 3 and 4 months

imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • Options
    DD was our first
    Bonus: I THINK we will want number two... I know I do, but I feel like although DH is amazing, I was pretty much doing all the work the first month, and want to make sure he understands he'd be on toddler duty before number 2 happens! We would start TTC next summer, to hopefully have them right around 2 years apart.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Options
    I am 25 Avery is our second and last child.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am 31. I had my son at 20 and Natalie at 30.
  • Options

G is our first

One more biologically in a few years. A third via adoption if we can afford it.

I don't know if they have it in your area, but if we ever do decide to do a private newborn adoption again, we will use Catholic Family Services. It's income based and you never pay over 10k no matter how much you make. The waiting times can be long, but it's a great option for those who need to adopt on a budget. Any other agency, you're looking at 18k-25k for African American to biracial and up to 60k for a white baby. Yeah. Just another reason why I'd never use a private agency again....
    This makes me sick. I saw a report on Colin Kaepernick the 49ers QB. His adoptive parents were told that because they already had a child "no way could they get a healthy or white child. They'd have to settle for a child with a disability or a black or Hispanic child". His mother was like "you think I care what color he is??? Disgusting.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh, and I'm 32. J is our first. Hoping for another in a couple years. DH is 42.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @NJAZgirl and @janapettus I'm speechless. They're children not commodities. I don't know how they can get away with it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lolalipsy said:

@NJAZgirl and @janapettus I'm speechless. They're children not commodities. I don't know how they can get away with it.

I agree. I had no idea.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options

There is a lot we didn't know about adoption that we found out the hard way. Our agency even suggested we don't tell birth mothers about my LFS because it will scare them away and to say we are adopting for "medical reasons" which would sound like infertility, when we are in fact fertile.

I saw some of that on your blog. Sad, sad, sad. It's no wonder most people end up going international. Thanks for the rec for Catholic Social Services. I'm passing that info to a friend who may start the adoption process. She has had ridiculous heartache with IF and is completely discouraged by the adoption process. I will probably tell her to check out your blog.
  • Options

I am 34.

DS is my third. (We have two other boys, ages 6 and 4.)

We are stopping at 3! As much as I wouldn't mind a 4th, it's just not practical for financial reasons.  Our house is bursting at the seams, and eventually I'll need to go back to work.  Besides, 3 kids is my sanity limit. DH is working up the courage to get snipped. ;-)

Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • Options
    Children: DS is 20 weeks tomorrow
    Bonus: Whenever AF comes back we will try for #2. We'd like 3, and would prefer them close in age. :)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    I am 39 and we have 3 kids 4.5. 3 and 4 months

imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"