C-sections
Options

BTDT CS ?'s

I am 2 weeks PP tomorrow and I was just wondering when y'all started going back to normal activities such as:
-lifting more than LO's weight
-bending/squatting
-driving
-let water directly hit your incision
-getting back in bed
-etc
I figured it's more of a 'when you feel comfortable' thing and I know everyone heals at different rates, just wanted to pick y'all's brains!
TIA :)

Re: BTDT CS ?'s

• Options
    My hospital recommends 6 weeks before driving, lifting, bending, squatting, and baths (but you can always shower). I haven't heard of not getting in bed though. Where do you sleep?
  • Options
    I am pretty sure I was doing all of those things by 2 weeks.  I had an almost-3-year-old, and I definitely picked him up after the first week or so.  I remember having pain with certain movements at times, but my incision always looked fine so I didn't really worry about it.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OliveMom3 said:

My hospital recommends 6 weeks before driving, lifting, bending, squatting, and baths (but you can always shower). I haven't heard of not getting in bed though. Where do you sleep?

Right now I'm sleeping on the couch since its a lot lower than my bed.

• Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    edited September 2013
    Lifting - 6 weeks 
    Bending - 2 weeks 
    Squatting - 4 weeks ish 
    Driving - 1 week 
    Water on incision - probably around 2 weeks 
    I never didn't sleep in my own bed. I did most things as my body felt ready for it :) also, I was never told I couldn't drive! Good luck with healing!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Pretty much 3 weeks or earlier. The latest thing was lifting heavier weights. I would carry the diaper bag, then added the car seat, and finally picked up my 3 year old for the first time just shy of 4 weeks. He weighed 36 lbs so I had to work up to it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"