Boston Babies

Need a pediatrician in Acton/Concord/Westford Area

Anyone have a recommendation for a good pediatrician in the Acton/Westford/Concord area? I don't really have anyone in the area I can depend on for good recs. I don't really want to go outside of this area. Thanks so much!

Re: Need a pediatrician in Acton/Concord/Westford Area

• My experience is as a patient as a child, but we always had good experiences with Deborah Simon at Acton Medical. I don't have personal experiences with any of the other physicians, but the office in general seems great.
  • Awesome! Thanks so much. My husband's PCP is actually with that group. I didn't know they did pediatrics as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • A second vote for Dr. Simon at Acton Medical.  Both my husband and I have our PCP's there as well.  Dr. Simon is a wonderful Dr.  the few times we've needed to see other Pedi's in the office they were great as well, we have been pleased with the care both our boys have received. The nurses are very helpful as well when you call to ask questions and will often get you in for a same day apt if need be.

• Thank you! I'm definitely going to go to Acton Medical now. My husband loves his PCP there so we might as well make it a family affair. 
  • We use Sheila Morehouse at Chelmsford Pediatric, she is wonderful! Did you have your baby at Emerson by any chance, I'm doing my homework for baby number two-any doctor recommendations would be great.
  • @jdenormandie, thanks for the rec! 

I am having my baby at Emerson in January. I'm with Kramer OBGYN and they are pretty good; however, I hear great (actually amazing) things about Concord OBGYN and Dr. Balcomb with AFA OBGYN. 

There are 4 doctors over at Kramer OB and I've only met 3 out of the 4 so far: Dr. Hale (awesome), Dr. Strehle (also awesome) and Dr. Kramer who was nice but just seemed really insincere...couldn't put my finger on it, but I felt uncomfortable around her. Somehow, I've ended up seeing Dr. Hale for 90% of my pregnancy and he is just awesome. I talked to Dr. Sinopoli once over the phone and she seemed very pleasant and nice. 

I am planning a natural birth and haven't spoken with the doctors yet about my plan, and not sure how well its going to go over with them. I've heard mixed reviews about their receptiveness towards natural birth, although on their website they say they support it. We will see! 

I didn't do much research on doctors at the beginning of my pregnancy and since I'd already been seeing Dr. Hale for a couple of years for my GYN stuff, I figured I'd just stick with the practice. While I've been quite happy and have had no issues and will continue on with Kramer OBGYN, if I had done more research earlier on, I probably would have switched based on reviews. Just saying! 

Congrats on baby #2 and I hope all goes well with everything! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"