Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bio Gaia Drops/ Gerber Soothe Colic Drops

I started giving my daughter the Bio Gaia Drops, now called Gerber Soothe Colic Drops this week because she is always so gassy.  I really think they are making her worse because she was screaming for hours last night and I could tell she was in pain.  Did anyone that's used them experience them making the baby worse?  Did you stop using them or did you continue?  If you continued, did it get better and after how long?  I'm leaning towards stopping because I hate to see her in pain like that.  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Bio Gaia Drops/ Gerber Soothe Colic Drops

• I use them and DD has gotten better with her gas, but I don't know if it's the drops, the increased massage/yoga stuff, or just as she ages her digestive system matures. Are you doing the massage and leg bicycling? Other gas drops?

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • I've been doing some bicycles as long as she'll tolerate them.  What is the massage?
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • jschmidt6jschmidt6 member
    edited September 2013
    How old is your baby? I think all newborns are gassy. It takes a few weeks for their new digestive systems to get all the kinks out. I complained about gassiness to our pedi and that's what he told us. He said not to adjust anything in my diet (bfing) until,several weeks of gas. I bought the colic drops and stopped eating dairy. He's 7weeks and much better, but of course he's older too....and maybe his issues worked themselves out. Oh and also we give him a long (15 minute) bath every night now. I literally sit in the tub with him submerged. I think it really helps his stomach before he lays down for the night. Plus its fun for me because he loooooves it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"