Two Under 2

2u1 moms-to-be

I'm bringing this discussion up as I'm going through it myself. I have a 16 week old and an almost 15 month old, so almost exactly 11 months apart. 

Many of you have heard of the wonder weeks either on your BMB's or through books. You've gone through them with your other child(ren). The downside to these wonder weeks is when you have 2 of them going through them and the worst leaps happen at the same time with both babies. I myself have recently discovered that my youngest is going through leap 4 at the same time my oldest is going through leap 9. Leap 4 is where the child(even if sttn) will start waking back up more at night to feed or just to be awake, fussing more, and wanting to be attached to you. Normally this isn't bad but when you pair that with leap 9 which is when LO starts to throw temper tantrums, do more daring things(like climbing), or starts to be more vocal about getting what s/he wants it can be daunting. Trust me it has been like living in a dream world because I'm only getting about 2(sometimes 3) hours of sleep a night now if at all. 

Alot of us 2u1 moms will be experiencing dual leaps during the first year or so. I just wanted to come on, not to frighten you, but to give all you moms-to-be encouragement that you will get through it. Sure it will be tough but after those leaps are over your LO's will be smarter, more aware of their surroundings and for the older one able to communicate with you just a little bit better. I wish I had had someone share this info with me when I was expecting my youngest which is why I'm sharing it with you all. Look up the wonder weeks and if you can(or want to) figure out when or if your LO's will be going through any leaps at the same time. That way you can be prepared for it in any way. Even if it just means you know why they are acting the way they are and know there is an end in sight to the madness. 

I hope it's ok that I shared this. I just hope any extra support in the 1st year of having 2u1 will help us all feel better about the way we handled it and how we feel about ourselves as mothers going through it. This board has definitely helped me out in the almost 16 weeks I've been through.
                       SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"