C-sections
Options

Tubes tied after c-section...

I have a 3 year old little girl and am expecting two more little girls in December. Originally the plan was that I would get another IUD for 5 years and then reassess. Then we found out we're having twins. At this point we are DONE. We thought we were done at 2 (haha). Our debate now is whether I have my tubes tied when the girls are born or DH has a vasectomy.

It sounds easy to just have them tie my tubes while I'm in the OR, but I'm hesitant. From what I understand a vasectomy is reversible whereas a tubal ligation really isn't.

Thoughts? BTDT? 

Re: Tubes tied after c-section...

• Options
    I've done some research on tubal reversal and it can be done, but it's possible that you wouldn't be able to conceive even after having the reversal. I had my tubal in May after having a c-section with my DS when I had a failed VBAC attempt. Turned out I had a uterine dehiscence and the OB recommended a tubal. I reluctantly had it done and once I started reading more about it afterward, I never would have had it done if I could go back and make the decision all over again. I found something about post tubal ligation syndrome and it freaked me out even though it's technically not considered a "medical diagnosis". If I start experiencing any of the crazy stuff in the list of 40 something symptoms, I will seriously consider a tubal reversal just for that reason.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were two and done, so had a tubal after DS.  Also, we used IVF both times, due to a blocked tube, and really only got the tubal just to be 100% sure we don't conceive on our own again now that we're done.  Worse case scenario, we still have 4 frozen embryos, so we could always do an FET if we changed our minds, although I am definitely done.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 10000% done so I'm getting a tubal (cut, tied, and burned) during my c/s. DH is too young to get a vasectomy, but I wouldn't ask him to do that anyway.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I had my tubes tied after having my son in July. I don't regret it one bit. It is a little sad to know I will never have more children but at the same time I truly don't want more.
  • Options
    I'll be having mine done with my Csection.  The doc said it would be no additional risk, though I might have some soreness higher up than just the incision.  We are done with our sweet 3, and if something in our future life changes drastically to make us feel differently, we would look into adoption.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"