February 2012 Moms
Options

CP:Spent the night away

jmccall79jmccall79 member
edited September 2013 in February 2012 Moms
I've only left Ian, overnight, once. I'm curious if I'm the only crazy, too attached, mama! And I know there are circumstances that require some to be left more than others, there are some who love getting away, and there are some who don't have the option to leave their LO overnight anywhere...the poll is more to just see if you have or haven't! Have you left LO overnight?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CP:Spent the night away 52 votes

Yes
75% 39 votes
No
25% 13 votes

Re: CP:Spent the night away

• Options
    We have had a night away from her twice.  Once in the spring, and once for our anniversary in August.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options

We have been away for maybe 6-7 nights in the last year.  It is WONDERFUL!  Just this past weekend my parents had her from about noon Saturday until 2:00 Sunday.  I slept until 9:00...I can't tell you how amazing it was to have 24 child-free hours to spend with DH.

I highly recommend it!

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted no, but not because I'm crazy, protective mama, but because I don't have anyone who will take the kids.  :(  We could REALLY use a night away, but DH's parents are too old, and my parents sleep in too late on the weekends!  With no siblings nearby, I'm not sure it's going to happen ever!!  It's very very sad for us! 
  • Options
    My parents and siblings take the kids for us every once in awhile so we do get a few nights away from them. It's fun for the kids to spend time with family and its nice for us to have some time to ourselves. I will say that it is a little weird when they are gone and I'm glad when they ate back but I really don't miss them when they are gone because I know they are in good hands
  • Options
    NatesLady1309NatesLady1309 member
    edited September 2013
    I couldn't do it unless I was able to put her to sleep (at home or someone else's house wouldn't matter) and then be there when she woke up. Otherwise I know I wouldn't be able to do it. Doesn't really matter since we haven't had any reason or opportunity to leave her overnight anywhere anyway.

Edit: This is due in large part to the fact that I nurse her before bed and when she wakes up. 
  • Options
    I've left my son a good 10 times overnight with either set of Grandparents.   Recently I was working on a project that required me to live at work for several days.  So I sent him to my ILs for two nights.  Which was the longest I've been away from him.  

I'm very attached to my son, its very difficult for me to leave him.  Usually my MIL has to beg me or my Mom watches him and he falls asleep and she makes me feel guilty for waking him up so I just leave him to spend the night with her.   

I'm finally taking a trip with my husband and I will be away 3 nights!  Crazy stuff!   And then two weeks later I go out for business and leave for 3 nights.  I'm sure this will be the hardest being gone for so long.  But he gets spoiled and loved on.  And they take fantastic care of him.  My MIL does everything I say!  Which is why we get along perfectly!  She's a smart woman!
  • Options
    Nope! Nat would FREAK!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I should mention that we have only done one night at a time so far, but in October we are going to Tampa for 5 days/4 nights.  I'm not even a little worried about leaving her with my parents but I know I will miss her like crazy.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    Ya Never KnowYa Never Know member
    edited September 2013
    I've only been away overnight from her once. DH was home with her though, which makes it easier for me to not be there knowing she's in good hands. I'm camping with some girlfriends and will be gone overnight Friday night. Then... at the end of the month, DH and I are going camping together for 4 days. That one I worry about. DD will be in good hands because she'll be with grandma, but 4 days without her dad or I is a long time.... for me anyway.. haha
  • Options
    Yep, we left L once in July for an over night trip to Vail with friends. He stayed with my parents and aunt and had a grand time. He barely even knew we were gone. My Mom said he would ask for us occasionally then go back to playing contently with them. I am glad we did it, but am in no rush to do it again.  We also waited until we were done nursing so I knew he didn't need me to fall asleep or if he woke up in the middle of the night (which he STTN anyway for them).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I voted yes, but now that I think about it I don't think we actually have. DD spends many weekends with  my parents, so it's NBD, but since DS is a ton more work, we haven't left him yet.

Next month DH & I are both running a marathon out of state, so he will be with  my parents for 2 nights/3 days then. Can't wait!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

DH went to a convention for work both last year and this year (a week each), but both times she was with me. I went to a girls weekend at a ski resort in January this year, and she was with DH. That's NBD since she's with one of us.

We left together, overnight, for the first time two weeks ago. It was awful. My MIL didn't follow the schedule I left AT ALL, or feed her what I left out. Instead, my kid got fried food at a restaurant, and was completely off schedule for a couple days after. The whole time we were gone, all I could think about was getting home. It's not worth it.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options
    We are going away for the first time ever on Saturday!
    We are going over to the in-laws tonight to do a practice run for him to stay the night. And we'll be there until we leave for the hotel on Saturday. So DS should definitely be comfortable with them by then. He already does enjoy being there, so I'm not too worried about it. MIL watched DS while I was at work for several weeks so she's had lots of practice getting him to sleep.
    Hooray! Date night! 
  • Options

DH went to a convention for work both last year and this year (a week each), but both times she was with me. I went to a girls weekend at a ski resort in January this year, and she was with DH. That's NBD since she's with one of us.

We left together, overnight, for the first time two weeks ago. It was awful. My MIL didn't follow the schedule I left AT ALL, or feed her what I left out. Instead, my kid got fried food at a restaurant, and was completely off schedule for a couple days after. The whole time we were gone, all I could think about was getting home. It's not worth it.

This would be my fear if I left DD with my mom, but when we go away at the end of this month, we're leaving her with DH's mom, and I think it will be fine, because she has always followed our schedule. (She's had DD every friday for daycare over the summer).

I'm sure we'll have some level of reprogramming to do when we get back, but DH and I really need the time away together for a few days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"