1st Trimester
Options

Morning sickness worse....in shower?

Overall my morning sickness hasn't been *terrible.* I get wave of nausea a few times a day, but I'm usually able to keep it together until it passes a few minutes later. The odd thing is that whenever I get in the shower, I almost instantly feel sick. I thought maybe it was the heat, so I've starting showering in luke warm water, but it still happens. 

Anyone else notice this? I mentioned it during my first prenatal appointment yesterday and the doc looked at me like I had three heads. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Morning sickness worse....in shower?

• Options
    That is odd.   I was going to suggest the shower was too hot at first too, because I know I start feeling sick if I get too hot.  But it sounds like you have already cut the temp back, so I don't know what would be causing it.  Hope it passes for you soon!

• Options
    Maybe if you shower first thing in the morning, or after a workout you're hungry?   That was always a big trigger for me.  What about having a little snack just before you get in the shower, or even just some juice?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmm..maybe! I dont work a 9-5, so depending on my work schedule that day I shower at different times. will have to pay more attention and see if there's a food-related pattern 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

could it be that its happened a few times, so now you've associated the shower with nausea? I have that with car sickness. As soon as I get in my dad's car (only my dad's) I feel nauseous because I remember feeling car sick in the back of his car when growing up. I don't even have to be moving, but its just the association.

It may sound like a dumb suggestion, but have you thought of taking baths instead? I've switched from showers in the morning to baths in the evening as it gives me more time to get ready in the morning, which is great when you can only go as fast as the queasies will let you!

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options

I have this problem .... first I thought it was the food...started eating before showering.... then I thought it was the heat so I lowered the heat....both have lessened the severity of the attacks but I still don't do well with showers.  I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't matter if its day or night I still have to regroup after the shower ..... let my stomach settle so to speak......If you find out an answer let me know.  this is my first and my body does not like being pregnant at all.....good luck!

• Options
    This is so weird... This happened to me the other day! I felt fine until I stepped in the shower, then I felt awful. I don't know what the deal was but I guess it's just one of those weird pregnancy quirks :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I sit on the floor of the shower now.. lol. It helps if I eat something before hand too.
  • Options
    I have been showering at night to avoid this. It seems to work for me! I'm not nearly as nauseous in the evening as I am in the morning!
    imageimage

• Options
    The shower is a huge trigger for my nausea. I have had to switch to baths for the time being.
  • Options
    For me, it was hot water that made me sick to my stomach...but I went to warm water, and I was fine after that. Its different for everybody.  ;)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimageimage  
    Its a girl photo: Its a girl its_a_girl_heart.gifdisney princess photo: Disney Princess disney-princess.gif

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The shower is a huge trigger for me!  I was just talking about this with my husband today.  I think I've just associated it with the nausea since it's the first thing I do in the morning and first thing in the morning is the worst for me!  I'm thinking of switching to night showers, although I like others' suggestion of eating first.  That seems like an easy solution.
    TTC since March 2012 Me: 31 H: 37 SA: normal HSG (3/7/13): suggested bicornuate uterus MRI (3/15/13): confirmed complete bicornuate uterus 7DPO results: normal CD3 results: FSH = 11.7, AMH = normal July 2013 - 1st round Clomid +TI
  • Options
    I hate showering because I know it's a struggle to get through it! I hate days when I have to shave because I know I have to be in there an extra ten minutes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"