Dads & Dads-to-be

Humpday Confessions

I believe this is a popular thread on Parenting. I thought we would try our own version for the Dads who don't visit that board.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Humpday Confessions

• I miss the taste of Crystal Pepsi
  • Kickers and Defenses do not win fantasy football championships.
  • Loading the player...
  • I enjoy <most> musicals.  I do not 'get' the opera or ballet.
  • Sandy CohenSandy Cohen member
    edited September 2013
    I don't get why 2 and a half men is the most watched show on TV.

People love that show, but to me it's just simple crude humor. I love crude humor (I.E. The League, South Park, Always Sunny) but I just don't see what's so great about that show. I don't like any of Chuck Lorre's shows.
  • I have an interview for another job today. I know I'm over qualified, but I'm still nervous.
  • I have an interview for another job today. I know I'm over qualified, but I'm still nervous.

Good Luck man.

Good Luck man.
    Thanks man.

• polooo26 said:

Good luck. Job changing is hard. I've never been able to pull it off.

I already have a decent job with good insurance I'm looking into this one as a second job so mw doesn't have to go back to work. She hasn't worked since May, so I'm trying to match her salary.
  • I am obsessed with 70's and 80's horror movies, especially one's that are exceedingly cheesy like The Stuff and Jaws The Revenge.

• I don't get why 2 and a half men is the most watched show on TV. People love that show, but to me it's just simple crude humor. I love crude humor (I.E. The League, South Park, Always Sunny) but I just don't see what's so great about that show. I don't like any of Chuck Lorre's shows.
    The point of 2 and a half men is to scandalize 70 year olds with it's "edgy" racy humor.

If we're trashing Chuck Lorre sitcoms, I am not a fan of Big Bang Theory. I think it's kind of like how Medical Doctors don't like most shows about doctors (except Scrubs). Big Bang Theory just is not that good of a show about socially awkward really smart scientists.

Most of Chuck Lorre's shows make me wish they were better.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Big Bang Theory and Two and half men are awful shows.

Also, despite watching much of the first season, I have never liked Always Sunny.  All of my friends swear it's a great show but I just find it annoying.

• polooo26 said:

Sounds rough. What kind of second job? Like what you do now, or delivering pizzas?

Same thing I'm doing now, turning wrenches.

• polooo26 said:
    futant462 said:
    Big Bang Theory and Two and half men are awful shows.

Also, despite watching much of the first season, I have never liked Always Sunny.  All of my friends swear it's a great show but I just find it annoying.

I like Big Bang Theory. I haven't really watched two and a half men since Charly Sheen went away though, I enjoy the older ones with him. Maybe I'm a sucker for predictable mindless tv.

We did just get cable so maybe I'll find some better shows. After doing a flip through I did notice that over half the stations have garbage reality tv shows on them. That was dissapointing.

We spent the night at the in laws because the weather went up to 95 degrees here and we don't have A/C.  So I had access to cable for the first time in years and yeah, hundreds of channels with nothing but derivative crap reality shows.

• polooo26 said:

Sounds rough. What kind of second job? Like what you do now, or delivering pizzas?
    Same thing I'm doing now, turning wrenches.
    Just more hours doing it?
    More hours, hopefully an increased hourly wage.

• Guess my confession is that I like Big Bang Theory.  Not a fan of 2 and a Half Men though.

• I would say just get a Roku.  Then you can pretty much download any show you want and skip all the extraneous shows.

• futant462 said:

Big Bang Theory and Two and half men are awful shows.

I agree, I stopped watching Its always Sunny after the third season because it started becoming very annoying to me.

But there have been some great episodes.

Kitten Mittens
    Dumpster Baby
    Day Man
    Dee and Dennis on crack
    The gang turn the bar into a gay bar.

First two seasons are pretty solid IMO.
  • I miss the taste of Crystal Pepsi
    I remember Crystal Pepsi, can't say that I miss the taste.  I can't believe that when VH1 was doing the I Love the 80s series that they brought out cans/bottles of the stuff and that at least 2 of the celebrities opened it up and drank from it, or at least appeared to.  That stuff was 20 years old.
  • I watched Two and a Half Men, but stopped before Charlie even left the show because the show just wasn't original any more... I get it... Charlie is a drunk womanizer, Alan is a leech and his kid is a moron... blah, blah, blah.  I don't think I've watched more than 10 minutes total of the show since Kutcher joined.

I do enjoy Big Bang Theory though.
  • I agree about 2 and 1/2 men.  We use to watch it until they killed off Charlie Sheen.  The very few episodes that I have caught parts of are extremely annoying.  I can't see how they can keep this show going.  Must be too many mindless drones out there.

To change the subject, a group of us were talking about making doctored cake for an upcoming chili cook off using habernaros and ghost peppers as part of the seasoning in the cake and frosting.  One of my co-workers would do this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Confession, I can recite the lyrics to almost every Disney cartoon TV show from the 90's. this includes Ducktales, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Chip n Dales Rescue Rangers, and even the Gummi Bears.

• futant462 said:
    Confession, I can recite the lyrics to almost every Disney cartoon TV show from the 90's. this includes Ducktales, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Chip n Dales Rescue Rangers, and even the Gummi Bears.
    Who can't?

Although, I did not like Tailspin. I called Balloo "Balloon". Cuz he was fat.
  • Well I didn't say it was a juicy confession.

Tailspin probably had the catchiest theme song...maybe Ducktales.

• futant462 said:
    Well I didn't say it was a juicy confession. Tailspin probably had the catchiest theme song...maybe Ducktales.
    Tough call, although you are right, both are very catchy. I liked the Tailspin themesong, just not the show. It also was pre-internet, so children could argue about what were the correct lyrics.
  • Thanks a lot guys, I have have the Gummi Bear theme song playing in my head.  That was one of those shows that came out right before I went into the Navy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• "Bouncing here and there and everywhere..."

• DjjubbajubbaDjjubbajubba member
    edited September 2013
    LuckyDad said:

I don't get why 2 and a half men is the most watched show on TV.

People love that show, but to me it's just simple crude humor. I love crude humor (I.E. The League, South Park, Always Sunny) but I just don't see what's so great about that show. I don't like any of Chuck Lorre's shows.

The point of 2 and a half men is to scandalize 70 year olds with it's "edgy" racy humor.

If we're trashing Chuck Lorre sitcoms, I am not a fan of Big Bang Theory. I think it's kind of like how Medical Doctors don't like most shows about doctors (except Scrubs). Big Bang Theory just is not that good of a show about socially awkward really smart scientists.

Most of Chuck Lorre's shows make me wish they were better.

I actually figured out why most people like the Big Bang theory. They are too stupid to get the, in reality not very funny, intelligent humor. It just sounds funny to them so they laugh and it makes them feel smart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"