C-sections
Options

Spot on incision stings

Hi cs ladies!
There's an area on my incision that stings especially when I go from standing to sitting or standing to lying down and vice versa.
A nurse is coming to my home tomorrow morning to remove the staples and put steri strips so I will definitely ask her what I can do then, but I was wondering if any of you experienced this and if you used a cream or Vaseline or something to ease the stinging.
My husband looked at the incision and said that its red in the area that stings.
Tia for your responses!

Re: Spot on incision stings

• Options
    I have a burning/stinging sensation to the left and above my incision that hurts when I stand certain ways or going from sitting to standing (or vice versa). My sister thought maybe its where they put the clamps during the c-section.. I'm going to check with my doctor on Thursday at my PP checkup.
  • Options
    I had a burning/stinging feeling with my first - it was not very much no thing to cause concern for me. After my 2nd was born, I went home and it was burning/stinging really bad. I had DH look at it and he said it seems fine. Well when I got to the doctor they looked and it was infected and I am now allergic to surgical staples. So I had to have the staples removed and take medication and it took a while to clear up. Get it checked out just in case.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsSteSteMrsSteSte member
    edited September 2013
    I had severe burning in one area of my incision about 1 week pp that quickly also became red and warm - it was an infection under my incision.

I won't go into the gory details, but - for me! - this spelled very bad news that needed to be addressed ASAP. If it seems off, trust your gut and call your OB.

ETA the pain was significantly worse with transition movements.
    image"">imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"