May 2013 Moms
Options

My Bedtime

edited September 2013 in May 2013 Moms
Random Share...
So 3 years ago our next door neighbors had their first child. Shortly thereafter DH and I noticed that by 8:00pm it was lights out for them and we'd always say: Wow I know they just had a baby and all but that seems a bit extreme as our bedtime was 11:00 or so.

Fast forward to present day...we now have our first child and thanks to this damn sleep regression phase I try to be in bed by 9:00 and I cant help but be jealous (lol) of the fact that they managed to be in bed so early because no matter what I do, it's just not happening . The joys of being a Parent.

Anyone else in bed a lot sooner than you ever thought you'd be?

ETA - DD is in bed at 7/7:30 but afterwards I have to make bottles, set my work clothes out, shower, etc etc etc. Trying to work on eliminating or rescheduling some of those things. Something's gotta give.

Re: My Bedtime

• Options
    I'm in bed most nights by 9:30 now, sometimes even earlier. I'm thrown off this week though since I'm in a different time zone. G must be guided by the sun though, because he has stuck to his bedtime pretty well, without an issue with the time change.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep!  There have been many nights when I am in bed at 8:30.  DD usually goes to bed around 8 & if she didn't sleep well the night before, I go to bed soon after she does.  I'm ready for her to stick to a schedule, because it seems like the nights I actually stay up later, she is up more, therefore less sleep for me!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I should be going to bed earlier, but after his 8/8:30 bedtime, we usually stay up until 10/10:30! Back to our old habits... I'd prefer to be in bed by 9:30. He sttn usually, but he's been having some motn feedings here and there recently so I really should work on getting to bed earlier! When he was waking up more, we were definitely in bed whenever he went to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes we are in bed most nights by 9pm. It's the only way to grab some sleep.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Unfortunately this isn't me. Most nights I'm still awake until at least 1030.
  • Options
    LN1024 said:

Same here!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Same here!
    Ditto. I can't seem to get to bed before 11 / 11:30 even though I've quit pumping, and LO has moved his bedtime from 9:30 - 8:00.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"