Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby Video Monitors

Our Summer's Infant monitor recently died after 18 months of use.  Baby #2 is on the way and we need to replace this.  We plan to get a zoom/pan/tilt this time.  We decided to try the Motarola, but the battery life is terrible (it goes from having a full battery at 7p to being dead by 10p, and the majority of the time the screen is off).  We also tried the Summer Baby Touch and liked the resolution a lot, but am hesitant of the brand since our first didn't last.  We've begun looking at the Samsung SEW-3037W and Levana Kerra.  Does anyone have experience with any of the above units and share your pros/cons?  I am also wondering if our Motarola is just a dud and if we should try to just exchange it.  TIA and sorry for the long post!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Video Monitors

• Options
    We love the Samsung. I debated between it and the Motorola and read people had issues with the Motorola. The only thing I would change about the Samsung is the noise it makes when you turn it on. Haha it's pretty annoying. It works great though. Great picture and range
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Motorola MP40 with 2 cameras and I really like it.  Been using it for 2 months now.  The battery life isn't the greatest (we get about 4-5 hours) but it is plugged in at night, so hasn't been an issue for us.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have this Motorola:

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/motorola-digital-video-baby-monitor-with-3-5-inch-color-lcd-screen-and-accessories/134360

We keep it plugged in at night when we sleep and when we're awake when DS is asleep at night or during naps, when the battery starts to run low, we just plug it in. 

The video and sound are fantastic so that trumps a lower battery life (which I'm not even sure I would say it has) for us.

• Options
    aeh72 said:

We have this Motorola:

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/motorola-digital-video-baby-monitor-with-3-5-inch-color-lcd-screen-and-accessories/134360

We keep it plugged in at night when we sleep and when we're awake when DS is asleep at night or during naps, when the battery starts to run low, we just plug it in. 

The video and sound are fantastic so that trumps a lower battery life (which I'm not even sure I would say it has) for us.

totally agree
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

So yesterday our monitor was running unplugged for 5 hours and still had 2/3 battery life left.  So it actually gets a lot more than I originally thought.  

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    aeh72 said:

We have this Motorola:

totally agree
    I third this, we love ours. I have it plugged in all night long so when I do use it during the day it lasts pretty long. Love the resolution, sound quality and the temperature read out too!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"