January 2014 Moms
Options

Any "obese" women on the board?

I'm just wondering if there are any FTMs or STMs that are considered "obese" on the board. If so have you started to "show" or has your SO been able to feel the baby kick?
And any STMs out there that have done this before, when did you start showing and did your SO ever feel your baby kick?
I feel the kicks strong but my husband can't yet, and I'm sure it's because they aren't strong enough yet but I'm worried because of my weight it won't ever happen.
(I'm 5'3 and 213 pounds if that helps in relation)

Re: Any "obese" women on the board?

• Options
    I hate to say it yes but I am rather large...sorry cant stand the other word.  My husband can now feel the baby and I am showing but I still have the B belly going on.  Our LO is pretty close to the front so she has made it rather easy to find her and feel her.  My first baby though was a bit harder but near the end she really got going and my ex could watch my stomach move from across the room!  I believe your hubby will get the chance...just give it a little more time.  Good Luck Love!
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Options
    I am also.  I can feel the babies but DH can't.  He should one day though, especially since we have two in there.  I still mostly have the B belly, but the whole thing has gotten larger.  DH can feel that my whole belly is a lot firmer though.

M/C April 2005
    M/C July 2006
    BFP 9/28/12
    M/C 10/9/12
    10/30/12 diagnosed with Lupus Anticoagulation
    TTC again 3/11/13
    BFP 5/23/13!! Due Jan 29 with twin boys!

October Siggy Challenge ~ Baby Hitler

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 5'3" as well. I was 204 pre with DS and 184 pre with this one. It wasn't until later (28wks? I really can't remember) that DH could feel him. I started to show around 13 wks with DS, but it was really only to me. It was around 28 wks that people started to really tell the difference between baby and fat. I also had an anterior placenta with him. This one a have a posterior placenta, so I can already see this little guy kicking. I started showing a little later, but last week I got a TON of strangers asking when I'm due (I'm 23 wks). My kids tend to be super strong. We've had a few doctors surprised at how strong DS is. I think there are a lot of dependents on those things, but it should happen for you at some point for sure.
    Jake on swing AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
  • Options
    I'm technically obese. I'm was a size 12-14 before pregnancy but my lack of height puts my BMI firmly in the obese category. I've been feeling kicks consistently since 16 weeks and SO felt the baby for the first time at 19 weeks.
    imageimage

image"AlternaTickers">image
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yes, technically, if you go by BMI. I'm 5'11 and 225 pre pregnancy. I am starting to show definitely (22 weeks tomorrow) and I can feel tons of kicks and movement, husband has not yet but I think its gonna be pretty soon, they are getting strong!! I sometimes feel just horrifically fatter than normal, but I can tell that I havent gained weight to my sides at all, only the front of mystomach.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

4th time mom here, I don't recall when I started showing, but the 1st stranger asking me if I was pregnant was around 8 weeks maybe. I started wearing maternity tops at 10-12 weeks. DH can feel kicks since about 20 weeks. Pre-pregnancy I was 250 and 5'3".

I'm not sure I ever really lost the pregnant look after DD was born...

********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Options
    I am also considered obese, 5'1" and 188 pounds pre-pregnancy. I can feel the baby, and people tell me I'm showing. DH hasn't felt the baby yet.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm like 10 lbs heavier than you and was a little heavier with DD, but DH was able to feel her, just not until a little later. Like I'm feeling baby now, but I think it was closer to 25-26 weeks when he was able to. Also, she would hide as soon as he touched my belly so it took longer, I could feel her externally before he ever did. But it'll come! And it'll be fun:)

• Options
    Yes I'm overweight. 5'8", 212 lbs I got pregnant this time at my delivery weight of my last pregnancy. :-(
    Working on not gaining to much but not starving myself either.
  • Options
    Me! I am very plus sized. Definitely showing, but because of my belly fat I still have the "B" belly, everything just sticks out a lot farther than before. I just go with it, even if not all of my "bump" is actual baby, I still look pretty pregnant. DH can't feel kicks yet but he does feel where my uterus is, as it's quite firm. Hoping he can feel kicks in the next few weeks!
    TWO Babies in 2014!
    DS #1 Born 01/07/2014, DS #2 Born 12/17/2014

• Options
    I am, too! Definitely obese, a size 22-24 pre-pregnancy. I feel like I'm starting to show, not enough that anyone who didn't know me would notice, but my SO pointed out the other day that my belly definitely looks rounder and is harder.

I'm 23w4d and felt my first kick 2 days ago, but have been feeling flippy floppys for a week or two now. My SO hasn't felt anything yet, and I was worried about him not being able to feel anything, but I think it's just a matter of time. Ollie kicked strong enough that he moved the doppler wand the other day, so it'll happen! I know it's so hard to be patient, but it'll pay off.
    :D
  • Options
    BMI puts me in that category too. I'm not feeling definitive movements yet but my placenta is anterior so hopefully it's soon. I was "showing" really early because I carry my weight in front, but my belly is almost completely hard now and definitely is and looks pregnant. I haven't gained any weight yet but I believe I'll be up 2-3 lbs at my next appointment.

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    Can someone explain this "B belly" to me? I think I'm rocking one, but just wanted to know for sure :)
    FTM here and I'm 5'10" and 220 lbs and considered obese. I just started feeling kicks and movements last week. I am showing but my co-worker and some other people have told me that I'm not that big for being almost 20 weeks. DH can't feel baby yet but I'm hoping soon.
    image   image  image
  • Options
    I'm also 5'3 and was somewhere around 215 at my last appointment (I'd actually been so sick I'd lost weight). DH started feeling the kicks a couple of days ago, but I still don't think I look very pregnant yet. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    berenely said:
    Can someone explain this "B belly" to me? I think I'm rocking one, but just wanted to know for sure :)
    FTM here and I'm 5'10" and 220 lbs and considered obese. I just started feeling kicks and movements last week. I am showing but my co-worker and some other people have told me that I'm not that big for being almost 20 weeks. DH can't feel baby yet but I'm hoping soon.
    berenely Its where your belly still forms a B shape instead of a round belly.  I guess another word for it is rolls =(
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Options
    I'm 5'2" and 163 pounds now and according to that stupid calculator I\m considered overweight but soon with be obese. I've been feeling kicks since 16 weeks but my husband hasn't felt anything yet (now 22 weeks) 
  • Options
    I am at 5''2" and 180 pounds. It have been feeling the kid since about 15 weeks and DH felt him this week. I am pretty sure I will be internally bruised rather soon; he is pretty strong.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I started feeling movement at about 18 weeks. SO hasn't felt her yet @ 23 weeks but that's partially because she calms down when he touches me.

As for my bump, I mostly just feel fatter, but some people are telling me it's obviously a baby bump.
    imageimage 
  • Options
    I am 5'3" and at my appt yesterday I am weighing in at 214. I have been feeling our little one pretty consistently over the past week. DH still hasn't been able to feel him yet though. Soon I hope :)
  • Options
    I'm on the heavier side. FTM been feeling him since 17 weeks, but DH still hasn't felt him. I am definitely showing, I have people constantly asking me if I'm further along than I am. I'm 24 weeks today

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image imageimage

• Options
    I am obese. I was size 20-22 pre pregancy and I am still in the same size just gaining weight. I have gained about 10-15lbs so far. I have been feeling movement for a few weeks now, SO has not yet but I am only 20 weeks. 
  • Options
    I just started feeling kicks this week, and my DH is scared to feel them :(

I am 5'6 and 220 pp weight

Proud Mommy of my Chloe Cat 

photo 19da4e93-5d4a-44cf-a048-cd3d58e26a62.jpgimage

Jan 14 Mom's January 2014 Siggy Challenge: Post Delivery Indulgences

imageimage

• Options
    mommabird77mommabird77 member
    edited September 2013

When I was pregnant for my son, I was very obese, 5'7" and 285lbs.  I felt movement at 20 weeks, my husband felt the baby move a little afterwards, although I can't fully remember when.  It might have been closer to 25-28 weeks when he could feel it.  I also carried a lot of my weight around my belly.  I had a b-belly and hated it.  However, once a hit 30-35 weeks, I could see the baby moving from the outside a lot, and my husband could definitely feel movement with no issues.

With this pregnancy I just sneak in as obese as far as BMI goes 5'7" and 205.  I am about 80 pounds lighter this time.  I felt real kicks at about 18 weeks, and I think my husband will be able to feel them in the next week or two, as I am starting to feel them a tiny bit on the outside.  I still have a B-belly, although I have really embraced my belly this time around.  No longer ashamed.

*Edited to add height and weight.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Options
    I am 5'7" and was 255 pre-pregnancy. I have a B belly and carry most f my weight in my belly. I just left my OB appt and she checked the baby with a Doppler and said he/she was moving like crazy. I am pretty sure that I have felt LO but I am still not 100% sure and I am 19 weeks 4 days. I feel my belly looks more pregnant with my full panel maternity jeans but otherwise just feel like I look fatter. My OB said that my uterus is measuring on track which was a relief since I am never really sure when I feel around - what I feel. I haven't felt any definite kicks yet though. I am anxious for that and anxious for DH to feel.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP May 2011 - MMC July 2011 / BFP MAY 2013 - Due Feb 1st!! / Married Aug 24, 2013 /ME & DH both 30

• Options
    My BMI classes me as obese.:/ and I was really surprised (and happy) when SO and I both felt the first kick at 18 weeks.. Didn't feel any more or have regular kicks until 20 though, but now there's no problems!

Try laying on your side when he's trying to feel the baby, that's the only time my SO can feel her so far, especially right before bed!
  • Options
    5'3" here and 185 pre-pregnancy. I am 22 weeks today and have felt baby since 18 weeks. She is getting stronger but DH still hasn't felt her. He talks to her every night and she moves and kicks for him but nothing he can feel. Hopefully soon!
  • Options
    I am 5 4 and was 160 lbs pre-pregnancy, am 180 now and still can't feel anything. hopefully it's just a matter of time for us!
  • Options
    Add me to your list... I am in maternity clothes but only because I have no waist....I don't think I look pregnant naked..although when I lie back you can see thw bump. . I also have an anterior placenta so between that and my weight my OB was like "yeah you won't feel anything gor a while" and my ultrasound basically said they had a tough time getting a good picture because of my weight. That's a nice kick in the teeth..
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    count me in.... i am 5'9" and pre preg weight was 228....( first tri i got down to 220) now as of the 6th i was 233.... so because of BMI i am "obese" but i usually wear 12-14 sometimes a 16... freaking pants... oh well i am so happy! I feel her all the time, but my DH cant... we can see her bulge sometimes to one side of my belly.. 
    I didnt have much of a belly before preg.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I am 5'3" 150 I know I'm not heavy but just wanted to let you lovely ladies know I'm also 22 weeks hubby hasn't felt baby but I am like crazy! We are all in the same boat with this one
  • Options

Add me to your list... I am in maternity clothes but only because I have no waist....I don't think I look pregnant naked..although when I lie back you can see thw bump. . I also have an anterior placenta so between that and my weight my OB was like "yeah you won't feel anything gor a while" and my ultrasound basically said they had a tough time getting a good picture because of my weight. That's a nice kick in the teeth..
    That's ridiculous!! I would bet I'm bigger than you, and although the nurse had a hard time using the doppler in the beginning (which was attributed to my weight), they have never had a problem getting images on the ultra sound, and I've been having them since about 9 weeks. I'm sorry they're such jerks!
  • Options
    The actual phrase was "poor visualization of the fetus due to maternal habitus corpus", i've had it on 2 separate ultrasounds now.  They can tell the baby is normal in all measurements... but can't get a good measurement.  It definitely wasn't what I needed.
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"