September 2012 Moms
Options

What sticks to brick?

Short of using nails, what are my choices? I want to hang some frames (without the glass) for Leo's party on the outside of our house. I was thinking 3M hooks even though it says it won't work on brick. Do you think it would for a few hours? WWS12 do?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Re: What sticks to brick?

• Options
    I am wondering the same thing, trying to hang T's banner for his party. My mom suggested Gorilla tape - said it would hold/stick to anything. maybe you could try that? I haven't tried yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    In college we had brick walls in some of the dorms and we used the 3M strips to hang posters, etc....we never did the hooks, but I don't see why they wouldn't stick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In college we had brick walls in some of the dorms and we used the 3M strips to hang posters, etc....we never did the hooks, but I don't see why they wouldn't stick.
    Was it painted brick? The FAQ says you can use it on painted brick but it won't work on brick. Command FAQ says the same. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I'd use metal brick clips - I think they'd work perfectly for hanging pics. *resumes lurker status*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd go with Command hooks.  The sticky stuff on them comes off really well and sticks to bricks and fences. :-)

My DH prefers brick clips.  He thinks spending $$ for command hooks when you can't reuse them is stupid.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    If there are little gaps naturally in the brick and mortar, straight pins work well if the item you're hanging is lightweight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the brick clip recommendations! I have never heard of it before and it holds up to 25lb so that will hold a frame for sure. 

ETA: Nevermind, we don't have a lip on our brick from the mortar so those won't work.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"