Cleveland Babies
Options

Anyone using a doula?

Hello ladies. I am looking into the benefits of having a doula assist with my birth. Is anyone else planning on using a doula? Any recommendations? TIA!

Re: Anyone using a doula?

• Options
    I'm planning to hire a doula, although I haven't really started the search yet.
  • Options
    Doulas can make a huge difference, they support and care for the mother, having a doula present has been associated with shorter labors with less interventions, reduced requests for pain medication from mothers seeking a natural birth, less complications.  They are there just for you and your partner.  :)

You can use doulamatch.net to start your search and contact doulas and set up interviews. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used a doula with both deliveries.  Her name is Marcia Mielziner.  I think you can find her through an organization called Birth and Beyond. She is really amazing. With my daughter, i had a 29 hour labor and Marcia really acted as my advocate in the hospital getting me what i needed, and also, making sure my husband got the rest that he needed. She helped me through the whole labor and birth and helped me make difficult decisions.  Her presence was invaluable.

We used her for my second baby, and unfortunately it ended up in an emergency c-section before she could even get to the hospital.  So hiring her was somewhat of a waste!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"