Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Intro Round 2! (MC mentioned)

Hi everyone,

My name is Rachel, and I just wanted to introduce myself (again) and explain why I'm starting over on joining this community board. I feel a little bit lost as to where to go. I joined The Bump earlier this year, got pregnant in June (went to the Pregnancy boards), suffered a miscarriage 7 weeks in (went to Miscarriage boards and TTCAL boards), and I have to say, I don't feel comfortable on those boards. I don't mind lurking, as there are very helpful, uplifting things I see on there. But I can't deal with the cattiness of some members, and how they attack other women who say the wrong things. I understand the process of reading the blogs first and removing tickers and photos that might upset some people, but I truly believe that in the midst of sadness, stress, anxiety, etc., some girls - SOME - just post to vent or get helpful advice immediately... because it makes us feel better... not thinking through how the process should be done... and I just don't feel comfortable there. It's a personal thing, and if anyone disagrees, I don't mean to offend. It's just how I feel. I know what it's like to need to desperately read something that will make you feel even 1% better...

I decided to start over, completely, and just join the TTGP boards. I basically am starting over, and this is where I want to be right now. To feel the excitement of trying again, to give to and have the support of other women who are in the same boat, etc.

So I hope to be welcomed with open arms, and I truly look forward to chatting with you and hopefully reading lots and lots of happy stories from you all as we are all TTGP  :)

Re: Intro Round 2! (MC mentioned)

• Options
    So sorry for your loss. And welcome to the board. That sucks about that board but these women seem to be nice. Good luck for the future.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    beckynsean11beckynsean11 member
    edited September 2013
    sister13 said:
    Very sorry for your loss and welcome to TTGP.  But make sure you lurk here too, and make sure this board is a good fit for you.  It is a little more of a "tough love" kind of place, rather than an "unconditional support even if you say/do something stupid" kind of place.  I recommend you read the newbie sticky link at the top of the page and get a feel for things.  Good start with your intro and good luck TTC! 
    This. Very sorry for your loss. Welcome.

ETA: also, if you wanted to start over completely, I'm not sure why you felt the need to bash the loss/miscarriage board in your intro. 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I think I can kinda understand what you are talking about. Definitely follow other posters advice on the blog. After my mc over the summer I came here and actually enjoyed some of the craziness around here. On those bad days reading some of it can give you that 1% of feeling better ..... Sometimes even more.

Welcome
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    Very sorry for your loss. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss! Welcome back!! I hope we're able to help you feel excitement about starting (over) on the TTC journey! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. This is a great board and has been a wealth of information for me. I didn't know about about TTC 6 weeks ago. These ladies are great! Good luck to you and I sincerely hope your stay is short and sweet here :)

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Options
    Everything PP said! :) welcome and good luck!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Welcome! PP covered the rest.

• Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I too MC'd at 7 weeks and know how you feel. I know about the other board but welcome to this one. Good luck. :-)

~Everyone and new friends welcome ~

My Ovulation Chart

TTC#1 since November 2012
    MC on 6/24/13 at 7w2d

My Furbaby
    photo 31.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss, and welcome.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome :)
    Married to DH 9-18-09 Purchased First home 12-4-09 Adopted our dog Bailey 12-17-09 TTC Baby #1 since 12-09 Diagnosed with infertility 12-9-10 Bloodwork: WNL HSG 2/1/11- All clear 3/20/11: BFP! EDD 12/1/11 Ainsley born 12/2/11 TTC #2 8/13
  • Options
    Welcome to this board  It is a very supportive board and you get out what you put in.  The more you support others than the more people will support you.  I would recommend reading the newbie blog.  It helped me alot when I read it.  Also, as long as you don't ask/say anything stupid and ask if you are pregnant then you should fit right in  ;)

me 28-DH 30
    dated DH - 2001
    married DH- 4/4/2009
    off BC & TTC - March 2013 
    diagnosed with PCOS on July 29, 2013
    SA-  low sperm count, low motility, and forward progression 
    Medicated cycle #1 with 100mg clomid cycle (October 3)-  No ovulation or mature follies were present on U/S day 14. IUI was cancelled.
    BFP on 11/23/13!! Due date is July 20, 2014!
    Yeah! DH and I did it on our own without any treatments or procedures. We are excited about our miracle baby.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone, I'm very much looking forward to starting over. I've read the newbie board - months ago - but I'll definitely start off right by rereading it, as its been awhile.  I can't tell you how excited I am to jump back into things again! I will certainly try my best to offer any support and advice I can give from having gone through this process before :)
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. But welcome back!
    Married-April 14, 2012
    photo ffa00d75-1a16-4974-ba67-29b0586aa596_zps2fcde10f.jpgphoto 6da80302-90bf-4073-b107-f79f533bb026_zps2abef5ec.jpgimage

Started TTC April 2013 
    BFP February 1, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. Welcome back and good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"