Maryland Babies
Options

Daycare in Columbia/Ellicott City

Hello, I am looking for a reputable daycare either in Columbia (where I work) or Ellicott City (where I am about to live).  I've visited a few places, including KinderCare (not a fan), La Petite in Columbia, and MD Montessori Academy, but it's hard to find reviews that I can trust.  We don't have the money for Goddard or The Young School unfortunately, but would welcome any other suggestions/recommendations/reviews.  I'm looking to place my now 7-month old within the next couple of months, and transitioning from family-provided care to daycare is exciting but scary.  Thank you!

Re: Daycare in Columbia/Ellicott City

• Options
    We looked at Celebree but it was too expensive for us (~$400/week). It was nice, though! We're using an in home day care in Columbia that we were referred to by a friend. Most places will give you parent references to call and ask questions so you can get honest opinions. 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Options
    eaevansmdeaevansmd member
    edited September 2013
    I just had a horrible experience with the La Petite in Columbia - dumped breast milk, little interaction with my kid, inattentive staff - when we used it as a backup for our regular daycare. I highly recommend our regular care - in-home off Guilford Rd, affectionate, attentive, knows what to do with pumped milk. Moonie's Daycare.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, thank you for the feedback.  I'd be furious about someone dumping my liquid gold.. sorry that happened to you. 
  • Options
    Which LaPetite was it, the one off 100 or Eden Brook?
  • Options
    Do not go with Kindercare, had to pull DD out after a year. We moved to Goddard which was our first choice when I was pregnant but their wait list was too long. It's actually not too much more expensive than Kindercare. We love Goddard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"