August 2012 Moms
Options

AF and weaning moms

Did anyone get AF back once they went to just BFing in the morning and evening?  I know everyone is different but I am wondering if there is a good chance I will get AF back now that I stopped pumping at work.  

DD is very attached to her morning and evening BFing session.  I feel bad that I will have to wean just so I can try to get AF before doing another round of IUI.
995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: AF and weaning moms

• Options
    Yup! This exactly. AF finally returned last week once I cut down to just morning and night feedings. Didn't miss her and she came back with a vengeance so be prepared! Ha!
  • Options
    I ep. I've been down to 2 sessions for a little over a month, and still no af. That being said, I'm probably producing a lot more milk in those 2 sessions than someone who bfs twice a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm down to morning and night, still no AF. I've been off the mini pill for a month. I'm still waiting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    abbyfulabbyful member
    edited September 2013
    I got AF back about a month after I stopped pumping at work (LO was 10.5 months old when I stopped pumping). Still nurse a a couple times a day.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I got mine back after 5 months PP.  You're lucky duck!  

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    Still no AF here. I do have Mirena though. When I bf DS1, I didn't get it back until I fully weaned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AF came back almost as soon as we started solids, even though he hadn't dropped feedings. You are lucky it is definitely possible that you will get AF back quickly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"