Food Allergy
Options

Possible Wheat Allergy

My son is 8 months old and have been on baby food since 5 months. Recently, he has been breaking out in hives, and I think I have limited it down to the Gerber Puffs and Cheerios we have been feeding him. I have a wheat allergy myself, but I feel horrible if he has it too. Anyone have anything similar happen with wheat? Anyone outgrow it?

Re: Possible Wheat Allergy

• Options
    I actually am going through something similar with C right now.  She's 16 months old, and has been gluten free since the beginning because I have celiac.  Well, given how much easier life would be if she could just eat gluten, I let my guard down yesterday and we did a trial run.  A little bit at breakfast, a little bit at lunch, and a little bit at dinner.  Be bedtime she had a raised rash all over her trunk. It doesn't seem to be bothering her, but I feel awful!  She also can't keep her balance today so I guess she's like me and it also affects her neurological functions a bunch. 

Happy Baby makes gluten free puffs, we buy them at Target. You could try using those instead and taking out the Cheerios and see if that makes a difference.  I have no experience with growing out of it, but I hope that it gets easier for your LO!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    Agree w Lilygrace. I thought i had a wheat allergy but it ended up being celiac. A whole new ballgame. We use the Happy baby puffs at Target too. DD has no probs with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"