May 2013 Moms
Options

Anothe 4 mo sleep regression post

Any one successfully make it out the other side yet? This thing's a bitch!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anothe 4 mo sleep regression post

• Options
    Yea. We're not 4 mo yet either but he's a mess. Up wanting to comfort nurse every 2 hours. Blahhh
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Need. Sleep.
  • Options
    @NJAZGirl, I'm with you...I NEED to know if someone's made it out yet??? Please please tell me lol. No seriously, she isn't 4 months but I'm fairly certain she started hers 2 weeks ago and still going strong. I read it can start as early as just past 3 months and so it seems that's the case for us. Started at 14 weeks. I went back to work last week, this is really bad timing and I'm so very tired

• Options
    I'm not on the other side yet but I feel your pain. My LO is going on 4 1/2 months and we have been doing the regression for at least a month.  About the same time I went back to work too, so it hasn't been pretty over here. I'm so ready for her to STTN again!
  • Options

I THINK we're finally on the other side.  I'm terrified to even say this, though.  O will be 5 months this Sunday.  He slept through the night on Friday, was up once Saturday and just needed a little snuggle to go back to sleep and woke up at 4:00 AM this morning hungry - but that's because he fell asleep earlier than normal last night.

No idea if it's related, but since we seemed to have come out of the 4 month wakeful, he's been pretty miserable during "witching hour" - 5-7 PM for him.  Perhaps because of the leap all the new stimulation is overwhelming him?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    J turns 4 months today and started his LAST NIGHT!!! I "binged" (just doesn't sound as good as googled it) 4 mo sleep regression and it says if it lasts longer than 4 weeks you have a new pattern on your hands!!! Whoopie!

• Options
    bdifazio said:

No idea if it's related, but since we seemed to have come out of the 4 month wakeful, he's been pretty miserable during "witching hour" - 5-7 PM for him.  Perhaps because of the leap all the new stimulation is overwhelming him?

bdifazio OH NO, I totally forgot that she'll be entering witching hour in a couple of months.  UGH!

• Options
    We are on the other side! It lasted just over a month for C. She still isn't quite as good a sleeper as before the regression, but she is back to 6-8 hr stretches about 75% of the time now which is heaven compared to the 1.5-2 hour ones we had for a while!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    helenkayj said:

J turns 4 months today and started his LAST NIGHT!!! I "binged" (just doesn't sound as good as googled it) 4 mo sleep regression and it says if it lasts longer than 4 weeks you have a new pattern on your hands!!! Whoopie!

Um, what?!? Did it say if its reversible? Here's hoping that Eli's end soon. 2 weeks today.

• Options
    Does everyones sleep regression coincide with transitioning to crib/out of swaddle or is it totally separate from that ?
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ohgrl95 said:

Does everyones sleep regression coincide with transitioning to crib/out of swaddle or is it totally separate from that ?

Ours was totally separate.

• Options
    ohgrl95 said:

Does everyones sleep regression....

Ours was separate.

• Options
    Yall are really making me nervous for this stage. B is just over 3 months old and we havent hit it yet...but Im seriously scared now lol

• Options
    I think I've lost count of how long we've been in this regression...I'm not entirely sure if we're still in it or not though since it kind of coincided with us unswaddling S, and she's also been sick. I hope it all starts to get better though because I'm exhausted....
  • Options

Yall are really making me nervous for this stage. B is just over 3 months old and we havent hit it yet...but Im seriously scared now lol

Same! My LO is 3months 1week. Yikes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not sure if we experienced the sleep regression. My LO is 16 weeks and has been STTN for almost a month but about 2 weeks ago he woke up a bunch for feedings. It only lasted a few days. I really hope that was it because I start a new job in 2 weeks. I don't know how I will function at work.
  • Options
    Ours did not coincide with breaking the swaddle.  He was out of it for a few weeks prior to that. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    gmorel said:
    Um, what?!? Did it say if its reversible? Here's hoping that Eli's end soon. 2 weeks today.
    no it didn't say it was reversible.  You just get to wait it out and do the best you can with preventing bad sleep habits.  Trying to get them to self soothe is the name of the game in this stage I guess.  I'm not talking CIO but allowing them to fuss a bit or putting them to sleep drowsy but awake... 
    here's the two articles I read this morning....  https://www.babysleepsite.com/how-we-sleep/4-month-old-sleep-regression/

• Options
    helenkayj said:
    gmorel said:
    P.S. I was being sarcastic with the "Whoopie" part... sorry if that confused anyone.  

• Options
    Ugh. So sorry to hear everyone is suffering. I also went back to work last week and its awful. Hoping this up every 2 hours isn't because I went to work. He is a super crank tonight too. Maybe the witching hour is developing. Ugh.
    As for the rolling he wears a magic sleepsuit which prevents him from rolling so maybe we need another option. :-/
  • Options
    @helenkayj Thank you for the links. These are very good things to know.

• Options
    jayro10jayro10 member
    edited September 2013
    NJAZgirl said:
    I like that explanation. I'm going to share it with DH. We aren't in the regression yet, but I know it's coming and want to be as prepared as possible!
    Buuuuuut.... I didn't know that it's going to happen two more times after this!
    :((

Edit because my phone thought I was done and I wasn't.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think we just started .... Tonight. It's 3:40am and we are up since 1:30. Joy.
  • Options
    @Jayro10 From what I've read it seems this one is the worst one. FX that's true.

• Options
    I *think* we're mostly on the other side.  We also did the swaddle transition at the same time because he's started to roll from his back to his sides.  It REALLY sucked but he's mostly back to STTN.  I feel like he makes more noise in his sleep though.  

Unfortunately, I think there's always something.  Last night he pooped so loud in his sleep at 3:30 that I woke up and went to change him, which of course woke him up.   

But it does get better!  The worst of our regression was about 2 weeks.  
  • Options
    bhjones1980bhjones1980 member
    edited September 2013
    We've been in it for over a month, waking every 2 hours or less to nurse, waking up for the day at 4am...the works But I am on a business trip right now, my first time away.... Here is what happened the last few nights Night one - same as always and awake at 4am for the day Night two - slept 8pm to 2am, ate a bottle, went back down to 5am, ate another bottle and went back down to 7am Night three (last night) - slept from 9pm to 4:30am, ate a bottle, slept until 7am Tonight is my last night of the trip, so we will see what happens when I get home, fingers crossed we are out of the woods. Other than me not being there to nurse DH also started using a white noise machine that doesn't time off And to clarify this is the very first time he has ever sttn, the longest we ever got before the regression hit was 4 to 5 hours
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Not to beat a dead horse but I seriously want to throat punch Sleep Regrrssion. Now that Im back at work my alarm goes off at 6am but I have yet to actually get up at that time because I'm up with her 2-3 times a night and then there's really no point for me going back to bed sometimes because my alarm will be going off soon anyway.
    Sooooo, it's about to be 5:30 and I'm about to start my day (she got up twice last night). I'm so very over this and really hope the next two are mild in comparison.

• Options
    gmorel said:

Not to beat a dead horse but I seriously want to throat punch Sleep Regrrssion. Now that Im back at work my alarm goes off at 6am but I have yet to actually get up at that time because I'm up with her 2-3 times a night and then there's really no point for me going back to bed sometimes because my alarm will be going off soon anyway.
    Sooooo, it's about to be 5:30 and I'm about to start my day (she got up twice last night). I'm so very over this and really hope the next two are mild in comparison.

So sorry. :-/ My LO is hit and miss sometimes he's up once, sometimes he's up 3 times. Last night was a better night. But I hear ya. It sucks when he wakes up to eat at like 5. My alarm also goes off at 6. #-o
  • Options

I'm not on the other side yet but I feel your pain. My LO is going on 4 1/2 months and we have been doing the regression for at least a month.  About the same time I went back to work too, so it hasn't been pretty over here. I'm so ready for her to STTN again!

This is exactly what we have been experiencing too. Sleep would be fabulous!
  • Options
    Not to cause a whole lot of drama here, but we also went through the sleep regression thing and eventually just couldn't handle it so we started to sleep train our little guy.  He'll be 16 weeks this Sunday.  Now it all depends on your baby, but he's sleeping from 7:30p til about 6 to 6:30a without waking up to eat or anything.  Our pediatrician is the one that suggested and sure enough it worked.  For those of you suffering with the sleep regression and potential forming of bad habits I suggest this site.  It really helped us get him on track for sleeping through the night for REALZ.

https://www.troublesometots.com/the-thing-about-sleep-regressions/

Our baby is almost 16 weeks, over 16 pounds and has been able to self sooth with his hands for a while.  He's been sleeping in the crib since about 10 weeks unswaddled. He also had a very consistent bed time around 7:30-8 for over a month so he was easy to sleep train.  I am not saying that everyone should get onto the sleep train bandwagon, but this did work for us.
  • Options
    @lizardlee, I started sleep training at 6 weeks or so and swear by it but that all went out the window when she started the sleep regression phase lol. We're getting back on track though :-). She goes to bed at 7, wakes up once around 2:30 and goes back down till 7.

• Options
    ohgrl95 said:
    I think it's seperate because i stoped swaddleing after week 2 and LO has slept in her crib from day 1 home
  • Options
    lizardleelizardlee member
    edited September 2013
    @gmorel I don't think the sleep training helps with the regression per say.  Rather it's so hard to know when the regression is over and I think what happened with us is after all that night feeding from the regression/growth spurt/wonder week, he really just wanted to comfort feed at night forever and evers.  Before the regression he went to bed at the same time, 7:30, woke up around 2 or 3 to have a 2 oz bottle we were night weaning him off and then didn't wake up until 7am.  During the regression he started waking up at 12a, 3a, 5:30a to eat, but it was obvious he didn't need the food since he was eating tons in the day and went fine without so much before. So I think the training helped us break that habit which is why I mentioned it here.  From the posts previous to this, I get the feeling that if your baby is still in regression pattern and it's been a month or more, you're not looking at sleep regression anymore. That's just their new sleep pattern, so I mention the site, because I think that it's very helpful, especially for situations like this.
  • Options
    lizardlee said:

@gmorel I don't think the sleep training helps with the regression per say....

Agreed on all counts. Luckily I think DD is past the regression (fx). She only was in it for 2.5 weeks so we should be good in terms of not having formed a new pattern. It seems as of 2 days ago she's back to her pre-regression sleep routine which is only getting up once. If she doesn't fully sttn once she moves to purées then we will begin weaning overnight. I don't want to do that just yet though a she just started drinking 30oz daily.

• Options
    @gmorel Good luck! I think you'll be fine as long as she went back to her pre-regression  routine. Our chunky monkey just likes to eat and so we don't offer it anymore because if we did he would take it forever and never sleep through the night.  He's taking 30-32oz a day and is a fat pudge well over 16 pounds so he is doing fine in terms of weight and height and normal growth.  I also would have waited until he was back to his normal schedule before night weaning but he just wasn't going to do it.
  • Options
    @lizardlee - I hear you. We have a peanut, 11lbs at 16 weeks.

• Options
    UGHHH A just turned 4 months yesterday and of course the regression has started!! I was so comfortable with our normal schedule! I want it back wahhhhhh!
    :: sorry for whining:: running on 4 hours of sleep!

How long does this last for ?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"