August 2012 Moms
Options

Hardwood Floors

Does any find it impossible to get hardwood floors really clean?  We try to take off our shoes when we come in.  We have a dog so I am sure she drags in dirt but I feel like no matter how hard I clean the floors I can still wipe up dirt or our feet are dirty from walking on it.

Anyone have any trips to get hardwood floors really clean?  Is it worth it to pay for a deep cleaning?
995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hardwood Floors

• Options
    I'm gonna stalk this thread because I too have forever dirty hardwood floors no matter how many times I sweep/mop/whatever...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm gonna stalk too and pretend the only time I clean the floor is not just when something spills somewhere.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No tips, the dog fur doesn't camouflage like it does on carpet.
  • Options
    we put in new pergoish floors last summer.  they're always a little dusty thanks to our 120lb lab. i have a swiffer and should use the dry clothes every day and the wet every couple, but i'll admit i vacuum about 2x maybe 3 a week and swiffer wet once or twice a week on a good week.

A's feet aren't too bad most days but i'm not looking forward to rainy season when th dog brings in mud.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    We have two labradors so we'll never have clean floors :( I wonder if one of those Roomba vacuums would help but it'd probably clog with all of the hair.

I'd love a robotic mop, too. Is that too much to ask??
  • Options
    We have two labradors so we'll never have clean floors :( I wonder if one of those Roomba vacuums would help but it'd probably clog with all of the hair. I'd love a robotic mop, too. Is that too much to ask??
    My cousin and his wife have a Roomba.  They have it set on a timer.  They have 2 dogs. One day one of the dogs had an accident.  That day the Roomba was set to go. Roomba and the 'accident' met and spread all over the carpet.  
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Maizey06

Yuck!! That sounds like something that would happen to us. Our dogs are lucky they're cute...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"