Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Diaper Pail?

Forgive me if this is a common question, but which do you prefer: Diaper Genie or Munchkin Arm & Hammer diaper pail? Which one is the most economical in terms if bag refills? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Diaper Pail?

• Options
    Arm and Hammer for sure. I've heard many say that it is far superior to the diaper genie. It contains almost all odors. Easy to change out the bags. The bags hold a lot too. The refill bags aren't too expensive, and you can get a big box that lasts quite awhile.
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    I know this isn't one of your options, but I really like our Dekor. The inserts are nice, but you can use regular bags too, Which is nice.

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Ubbi and Dekor but honestly, it's the one product I could totally live without. I didn't find a diaper pail to be a must have. I wound up just taking the diapers to the hallway when I lived in an apartment and then to my garage when I was in a house rather than leaving them anyway.
  • Options
    I know this isn't one of your options, but I really like our Dekor. The inserts are nice, but you can use regular bags too, Which is nice.
    me too love my dekor! so easy!
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Arm and hammer! I love it. We have one upstairs and downstairs.
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited September 2013
    I like Ubbi and Dekor but honestly, it's the one product I could totally live without. I didn't find a diaper pail to be a must have. I wound up just taking the diapers to the hallway when I lived in an apartment and then to my garage when I was in a house rather than leaving them anyway.
    I actually don't like my Ubbi much. The Diaper Genie was better. I love the way the Ubbi looks but it has pieces on the rim that snag the bag as I pull it out. 
    I really like have a diaper pail in the room. Our bedrooms are upstairs and way far away from our outside trash. I have to have one that locks so the kids don't throw stuff in it or take diapers out, eww.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I love our Ubbi!
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• Options
    We just replaced our 2 year old Arm & Hammer one with a Diaper Genie. The A&M one stopped closing all the way and started to stink like poop. We also didn't like having to push the diapers down and having to untwist the heavy bag when it was almost full. After having the Diaper Genie for the past few days we really like it better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like our ubbi as well

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    Love our Diaper Genie. We've been using it for nearly 2 years now.

• Options
    I've only ever used the Diaper Genie and I love it.  Truly keeps the smell locked in.  We have to change the liner maybe once a month so we probably get at least 4-6 bags out of it (DS is in daycare so most diaper changes during the week happen there).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"