Single Parents

Jerks!

So my oh so soon to be ex-husband found out through a friend that I thought was my friend that I hired the meanest, blood thirstiest lawyer in town. What does he do? He texts me and says you just won't be happy till I suffer. We can't be friends anymore. I want to scream!! His idea of a fair divorce settlement is he keeps the house, the 401k account, pays me $400 a week and then I go out pay for the lawyer, get rid or my vehicle that is financed and purchase another vehicle. I tried to tell him a judge won't sign off on it, especially with me keeping primary custody of three kids! I am seriously so tired of it! I don't know how else to get what my boys and I need without making him suffer because he is unreasonable! I hope after I texted him this morning and told him I am filing its a done issue he will just go away.

Re: Jerks!

• I'm sorry you have to deal with that. It sounds to me like you soon-to-be ex doesn't even attempt to understand the fact that it's not all about him, it's about those three precious boys the two of you created together and making sure that they have what they need. He just needs to grow up and accept that he can't have what he wants because you are going to get what you and those boys need.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    photo 9df49095-cf0f-4192-a338-7695f445291a_zps876ddeb4.jpg
  • Your STBXH is going to have a very rude awaking very soon where he has to stop living in fantasy land and come back to reality. I'd bet you have enough to file a fault divorce (the ending of the marriage was his fault). Considering he kicked you and HIS kids out then moved another woman and her kids into your home that should be more than enough. I hope you don't back down. He's already shown that his GF's kids come before his own. He's hung himself with his actions. The problems between the two of you are between the two of you but the way he's treated those boys, taking there home, is irreproachable. He's acting like a child. He's not suffering, he's sacrificing which is what parents do for their kids. He wanted this lifestyle change. Well guess what, your financial situation gets worse when you divorce not better. I don't know where he got his ideas but no matter what he says the court will only give you what's fair for you and your boys. He's going to try and toy with your emotions to manipulate you. He sucks but you'll make it through and your boys will have a better life because their mom rocks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"