June 2012 Moms
Options

What a difference!!!

I'm watching our cousin's little girl today while he and DH move some furniture for their grandparents. She is about 4 months older than DS, but it is like night and day watching the two of them! She's used to being away from her parents, so she didn't fuss at all when her dad left. DS would have had a fit. She's used to making herself at home and climbing on stuff. DS has never climbed anything yet. She is grazing over her snack while DS inhales his. She doesn't want to take her bib off, but DS will be yanking his off his neck as soon as he gets a chance. I know every baby is different, but it is kind of cool to see it IRL. It's also a little bit hilarious to see DS trying to figure out who this creature is who has invaded his space.

Re: What a difference!!!

• Options
    It is fun, isn't it? My nephew is about two months younger than DS. They're still in the parallel play phase, and I laugh watching DS push past his cousin to get to what he wants or simply take a toy that interests him. Turnabout is fair play though - the pic in my signature is actually from nephew's birthday party. He was stealing pieces of PB&J off DS's high chair tray and when DS finally figured it out he started to cry. LOL.
  • Options
    It is fun, but I am starting to worry a bit since DS is clearly going to miss his nap by about 2 hours. I tried taking them both upstairs earlier so I could put down DS, but the cousin revolted about 4 steps up and would not go at all. I had to take them both back to the living room where she proceeded to have a conniption b/c I wouldn't let her play in the stairwell. Everyone is calm again, but I'm hoping DS will not be too big of a mess before the daddies come back! One similarity that I do know with these too: they only nap in their cribs. This means a feisty 2 more hours for me! lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Different story here. DS and his cousin haven't seen each other since she was three months. She's 13 months and he's 15 and they are two peas in a pod. However, they are apparently not interested in being friends.
  • Options
    LOL! That picture is hilarious!!! @DawnLilly It reminds me of one we took when DS was about 2 months old, and we went to see his cousin who is two weeks younger. The cousin was crying and DS was just looking at him like, "What the heck is this noisy varmint?"

• Options
    Yes, my children are complete opposites.  DD is social, outgoing, adventurous, and a good eater and sleeper.  DS is cautious, reserved, observant, a picky eater, and a bad sleeper.  They do have some similarities--they both have great senses of humor, they love books, and they are darn cute!
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    It's always interesting seeing 2 close in age figure things out. My nephew is 1 year and 5 days older than my LO. I keep waiting for the gap to narrow a bit so they can play better together. The playing field has evened slightly since he began walking. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"