Nevada Babies

Is circumcision still common?

I recently heard on the news that Nevada has the lowest rate of circumcision in the country at 12%.  This really surprised me.  I am curious, how many of you had your ds (or will have your ds) circumcised?  In your experience how common is it in Nevada?  We are expecting a son and are wondering what others did/have done.

Re: Is circumcision still common?

•  

Also, I should mention, I am not trying to start a debate since I know this can be a sensitive topic, I am only curious as to what others are doing.

Thanks.

• We had it done. DH refused to even discuss the thought of not having it done. I was a wreck and cried anytime I thought about it. Having baby go through that was emotionally destroying me. But I'm glad we did it since he won't remember and personally we think it will be what's best for him. Be sure not to be in the room if you decide to do it. I was in the hall and it was awful. But he was calm the second it was over and nursed right away for natural pain relief. The recovery was fairly easy, just have to be extra careful. But after a week or so things are back to "normal" when it comes to diaper changes. GL with your decision!
  • Loading the player...
  • My ds was circumcised a week after his birth. I thought it was strange that they don't do it in the hospital here. I was told it was an insurance issue and it's cheaper to do it at Pediatrician office. Wonder if the delay in doing it contributes to the lower rate here?

I don't regret having it done, but it was hard to be in the room. :(
    <center>  </*center>

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"