Natural Birth

I think I like you.....may I stay? :D (Intro)

HI!

I have mainly lurked all over other boards for my whole pregnancy posting from time to time and never really looked over here......I am so glad I did! I have 2 children of my own already daughter 8, son 5 and also a foster daughter 2. This is my 4th pregnancy as we lost our3rd to an ectopic tubal pregnancy back in oct '11. This LO is another girl and is due in Oct! I had 2 sections (horribly long stories and I will not kill you all with them) and am attemping a VBAC naturally at home for this one. I live in a SUPER rural area where the nearest vbac friendly hospital is 1hr 15mins away and have found a midwife that will travel to our area. I have no medical reasons why my body cant. I am not going to lie.......I am horrified of the pain and the dreaded "ring of fire" that i have been reading so much about. This feels right to me though. I want to feel what my body was created to do and am so excited to possibly learn so much from all of your experiences! You are warriors!! Please let me stay :) Thanks :)

Re: I think I like you.....may I stay? :D (Intro)

• Welcome and best wishes with your birth plans.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Welcome!  You should check out "Ina May's Guide To Childbirth" it has the most beautiful, inspiration birth stories in it.  

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  Don't focus on the pain now.  When you are actually in L&D the pain will be the last thing you focus on.  I know I only focused on getting LO out and did not worry about the ring of fire.  GL!
  • Welcome!
    imageimage
    BFP #1 08/05/12. EDD 4/15/13 m/c 08/27/12
    BFP #2 06/05/13. EDD 2/16/2014 (Team Blue). Baby Wombat born 2/20/2014 7lb. 11oz and 20 in.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • welcome. yeah, ring of fire sucked but it was over quick and ends with your baby in your arms so its really NBD in the scheme of things

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The "ring of fire" does suck but honestly at that point you're so close you just don't care.  I say that both from personal experience and as a doula who has coached many a client through it.   Just keep attacking that fear and reminding yourself it is pain with a purpose. You can do it Mama!
  • Welcome!

The ring of fire for myself did hurt but it wasn't anything like transition. It was over super quickly as well.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• You women rock! Thanks for the encouragement! :)
  • Georgia_peachy, you sound/remind me of a doula friend/hope to be my doula, I have over here :) In my birthing class I took with her we focused a lot of tackling fear and different techniques to do so. Its crazy when a point is constantly driven in from every angle.......makes me appreciate it even more so every time. Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"