August 2012 Moms
Options

What would you do?

https://news.yahoo.com/ohio-hospital-force-amish-girl-chemo-161944568.html

I read this story today and its sticking with me mostly because a coworker became very offensive when i said I didn't agree with the parents decision. The article I read said the girl has an 85% chance of survival with chemo and will die without it. To me with odds that in favor of my child surviving I would chose treatment in a heartbeat! I don't know why a parent wouldn't? If we had been through treatments that failed or the chance of survival was minimal I would think it through more but not with such a high survival rate.

I'm not even talking about the legal side but IMO I can see how a hospital would question the parents choice. My coworkers response surprised me and I'm curious what you ladies think? Am I missing something?

Re: What would you do?

• Options

I agree with you.  I would chose treatment.  Honestly, I would exhaust all options to to attempt to keep my child alive.  The hospital should question the parents choice.  I even think they should have legal consequences for just attempting to allow their child to die.

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    Where the girl is 10, I believe she should have some say. They did do some chemo, and we weren't there to see how it may have affected her, so it's hard to say. The article doesn't make it seem like they're just allowing her to die.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would do anything to save my kids
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think it should be suspected that a hospital would question a parent essentially choosing death for their child when survival is so available.

I would do anything...and I mean, anything...to keep Sergio alive.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"