Natural Birth
Options

GTKY: Where in the world are ya?!

Alright ladies, every Friday I'd love to post a "Get To Know You" kind of thing so today I'm curious....

What city/state do you live in?

What brought you there?

What do you love/hate about it?

Favorite Place to eat where you live?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: Where in the world are ya?!

• Options
    What city/state do you live in? Lakeland, FL

What brought you there?
    My husband and I work on a Cruiseship, we travel all the time but we love Florida but wanted to be just outside of tourist area, plus we have friends there.

Love that its warm all year round...Hate that its warm for Christmas..totally ruins it.

No place unique, usually just Panera...im a sucker for Panera
  • Options
    What city/state do you live in? Northern Virginia

What brought you there? College

What do you love/hate about it? Love having so much to do being near DC hate the traffic!!!!

I love to go back home to Annapolis MD to get Maryland crabs!!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• Loading the player...
  • Options

What city/state do you live in? Tallahassee, FL.

What brought you there?
    School.  I ended up liking the city and stayed.

I love college football season but I hate the traffic that come with it. I love that it feels like a smaller city but it still has a lot of stores, restaurants, and activities like a bigger city would.

Monks.  It is a hamburger/sandwich place.  They have the best food becasue it is made from scratch daily.

@hollywoodvibe18 Have you been to any cool places when working on the cruise ship?  What is it really like in the crew quarters? 
  • Options
    Live in SE MO.

We moved here from MN when I was ten.

I love the falls, they are really super pretty, and since we've got some pretty huge hills around here, you can see miles of colorful leaves when you are at the top of a hill.

I also hate the hills and very curvy roads. I get carsick very easily. We also don't get much snow, just a lot of ice, so the roads are really dangerous.

In our actual town, I guess a little mom and pop restaraunt called Park-et. Otherwise, Lamberts is about an hour away. Love me some throwed rolls.
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    What city/state do you live in? I'm in New Zealand

What brought you there? Born and raised here, just never left

What do you love/hate about it? Love the physical environment. where I am we have beautiful rivers and rock faces. Hate how far away we are from the rest of the world and therefore how expensive and inconvenient international travel is. You would never just pop over to London for the weekend.

Favorite Place to eat where you live? There's been an explosion of fantastic "ethnic" restaurants in my town, particularly Turkish, Thai and Japanese which I adore. Besides that, my Mum is a phenomenal cook.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    What city/state do you live in? Chicago, IL

What brought you there? Grad school. Met my husband while still in school and the move became permanent.

What do you love/hate about it? I absolutely love this city and the people in it. I love having easy access to parks, art, culture, etc. The food options are unbeatable. Being from FL originally though, the winters are still a bit tough, even though I've been up here for a while now. I also am from a more rural area originally, so I don't get out into nature quite as much as my soul would prefer. 

Favorite Place to eat where you live? I'm spoiled rotten with this as we have everything available. Which totally makes the winters worth it!

• Options
    What city/state do you live in? Oregon coast

What brought you there? My moms job initially . I left then returned after high school .

What do you love/hate about it? I love the environment . It's so beautiful . I live less then a block away from the ocean and half a mile from the lake . At the south end of town we have a bay front that when the fog rolls in is magical . I love that rafting , skiing , hiking and more are only a few hours away. I don't like that we live a little over an hour away from the closest Target .

Favorite Place to eat where you live? I love our local Thai food restaurant and we have a killer cafe outside of towns that deserves to be on diners drive ins and dives . They have he best hashbrowns and gravy ! ( everything's from scratch ) totally worth the wait ( they only have five tables and a counter with six stools )
  • Options
    @aylafsu88 I am on the ship now, we just left Reykjavik and Akureyri Iceland and now we are on our way to Norway. Norway is probably the most beautiful place I've ever been though there isnt much to do in the ports of call. Next week we will be in Rome, Nice France,Malaga Spain and a few other places. Its an amazing job to have. Crew areas are far from what the guest area is like but I married an Officer so I cant complain about his cabin. Most crew live in a small closet sized room with bunk beds. The crew food isnt the best either. We have a lot of Philippine and Indian workers so most of the food caters to their culture. You cant really complain about all that stuff though when youre in the places I've been so lucky to go but I will say its difficult to be here and try to plan a nursery at home.
  • Options

What city/state do you live in? Nebraska

What brought you there? We moved here when I was in 4th grade. I always wanted to leave and move to Seattle after I finished school, but I met DH right after college & we got married & pregnant.  That changed my goals!

What do you love/hate about it? I love that there are real seasons.  I hate that they seem to change on a dime.  We had snow in May this year.  And it's been in the upper 90s here like 12 out of the last 14 days.

Favorite Place to eat where you live?  Boring, but I like Jason's Deli.  It's kind of hard to find good restaurants that serve organic natural foods here & they have them for a good price.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    @aylafsu88 I am on the ship now, we just left Reykjavik and Akureyri Iceland and now we are on our way to Norway. Norway is probably the most beautiful place I've ever been though there isnt much to do in the ports of call. Next week we will be in Rome, Nice France,Malaga Spain and a few other places. Its an amazing job to have. Crew areas are far from what the guest area is like but I married an Officer so I cant complain about his cabin. Most crew live in a small closet sized room with bunk beds. The crew food isnt the best either. We have a lot of Philippine and Indian workers so most of the food caters to their culture. You cant really complain about all that stuff though when youre in the places I've been so lucky to go but I will say its difficult to be here and try to plan a nursery at home.
    @hollywoodvibe18 That is awesome that you get to travel to so many places.  I bet it helps make your job interesting and fun since you are not stuck in an office cubicle.  My H and I love to travel but have never been to Iceland or Norway. I amy have to add those to our list of places we want to go!
  • Options
    @aylafsu88 For sure look into it! I would cruise if it were me,  just because you get so many places at once!
  • Options
    msjanet02msjanet02 member
    edited September 2013
    why not...? :) 

What city/state do you live in? hailing from los angeles, CA!

What brought you there? born and raised in L.A., parents immigrated and settled here and i never left (well, to san diego for college, but came back. grew up in suburbia, not my style. now i live in the REAL L.A.)

What do you love/hate about it? love the diversity, the food, the communities, the weather (not lately, stupid heat wave and 3-digit temps... poor baby), the variety of things to do, the beach, the mountains and snow, the lakes and rivers, the hiking trails, the urban-ness... and, really, i could say i hate the traffic the most, though a big part of me accepts it. 

Favorite Place to eat where you live? my mom's house. :) this is way too difficult to answer. i love so many places here in LA... amazing restaurants in koreatown, thai town, little ethiopia, the indian food here, the chinese food, vietnamese, tapas, mexican, taco trucks, peruvian, hong kong style cafes, fish tacos, italian, steak houses, seafood, japanese, the vegan joints are also impressive even though i'm far from a vegan... impossible to pick one. i'm such a foodie and am all over yelp, so i really can't answer this fairly!

• Options
    What city/state do you live in? So Cal

What brought you there? I grew up in IN and moved to CA for college and met my DH. Live in his home town.

What do you love/hate about it? I mostly dislike it. I would totally move but DH's family is here. The weather in general is nice most of the year. Summer is insanely hot where we live though. 100+ almost everyday because we live inland. Cost of living is crazy. Too many people and traffic sucks. But the food great like msjanet said.

Favorite Place to eat where you live? Local sushi place

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    What city/state do you live in? Rhode Island. You're shocked, I know.

What brought you there?
    Graduate school. Awesome advisor, awesome school, awesome research project. Unfortunately, this is also where I grew up...

What do you love/hate about it? I hate the terrible drivers, that I have known several waiters/waitresses from high school, and the proximity to my family (they are too close for my liking). I love the weather (most of the time), the ability to be in the city/suburbia/sticks/beach within half an hour. 

Favorite Place to eat where you live? Too many... there's great food here. India is probably my favorite non-chain dinner place. Lunches from Cilantro (mexican) or International Pockets (Mediterranean, I love their falafel!). 
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Options
    What city/state do you live in?
    Naples, Florida

What brought you there?
    Moved here with family when I was 12 from St. Louis

I love our summers for being quiet (no tourists) and all the thunderstorms we get then. I hate that out summers bc they are soooo hot from april/may to sept/oct and by the time the weather is nice again, you can't really go anywhere and enjoy it bc there are so many snowbirds/tourists

Favorite restaurant is Sushi Thai; there's also this really good Italian place, D'amico & sons- yum
  • Options
    What city/state do you live in? East Texas

What brought you there? I grew up here. Moved away for a while in college and lived in Seattle for a while with dh, but when we decided to start a family we moved back to be close to my family.

What do you love/hate about it? I love small town, it was a good place to grow up and I would love for my kids to grow up here. It's within driving distance to a larger city with plenty to do. The area is too conservative for my taste and dh and I don't fit in very well, though. We're kind of weird "hippies" lol.

Favorite Place to eat where you live? There's a taco truck that's only open two days a week. It's amazing, we hit it up every time we can!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    What city/state do you live in?  Auburn Hills, Michigan, although, we are in the process of purchasing a home in Fenton, MI.

What brought you there?
     My DH and I both grew up near here.  We got a great deal on a foreclosure about 2 years ago.  Since, we have done a lot of work on the house and the value has increased quite a bit.  We figured now is a great time to cash in and find a home in a better school district AND on the lake!  : )

I love our current home and the location.  We are close to lots of trails and parks (for biking/hiking/swimming).  We have a lot of friends and family in the area.  But it is on a main road and in a really bad school district.  The new home is a little smaller, farther from our friends and family, but on a lake and in a neighborhood.  The schools are fantastic.  And there are plenty of trails and parks near too.

Favorite Place to eat where you live? Kruse & Muer.  Their food is fantastic and they have this amazing buttery, garlic bread.
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bozeman montana

I was commuting from the next town over for work when I met my now husband. when we got serious we decided it made the most sense for me to move in with him.

Love the natural friendly community, hate the driving skills of all the college kids.

this lil place called naked noodle. amazing pasta dishes

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What city/state do you live in? South Texas

What brought you there? My job.

What do you love/hate about it? I love my job. And I like the spring wildflowers. It's too big a city for me, though. And I don't think I can cope long-term without the midwestern seasons I grew up with. 

Favorite Place to eat where you live? Local vegan restaurant that serves awesome enchiladas with soy cheese.
    imageimage
    BFP #1 08/05/12. EDD 4/15/13 m/c 08/27/12
    BFP #2 06/05/13. EDD 2/16/2014 (Team Blue). Baby Wombat born 2/20/2014 7lb. 11oz and 20 in.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"