TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

Happy Friday Ladies!

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. I think I'm a bad check-in leader because I know someone at some point sent me a link to a discussion on how to do PIPs. Do you think I read it? Nope. Do you think I can find it? Nope. So anyone with a tutorial or who wants to teach me to put pictures back into these posts, I would love to hear it (and I promise I will pay attention this time!) 

So, for hopefully the last check in, please know that I am dreaming of a very large glass of red wine while sitting with all you ladies on my deck in the sunshine and some yummy sliced up colby jack cheese and WI summer sausage. Next check in, I should be able to supply the goodies on my own!

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• I posted in the thread below how our meeting went yesterday. It feels good to have actual "work" to do - such as researching clinics and looking into vitrification (sp?), so even though we aren't any closer to actually moving forward, it kind of feels like we are taking steps in the right direction. 

As for non-TTCAL stuff, I really got nothing. DH and I are going on a road trip to Maine at the end of the month, so we have started planning for that. Definitely looking forward to our vacation! We booked a little cottage to stay in in Belfast, ME for 3 nights and I'm very excited about it!

TTC since April 2010
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Hi sammer! You can actually just copy and paste pictures right into posts now!   Just right click on the picture, select copy image, and then paste it into the post. :)  Have fun on your vacation!  That sounds like so much fun.  DH and I have been talking for awhile now about planning a road trip up the East coast, one of these days we might actually do it. ;) 

I don't really have any TTCAL stuff to report since I'm currently TTA indefinitely.  I have my FX that next Summer DH and I will be in a position where we'll be able to start actively looking for a house and then after that I can jump off this damn bench! :P  

As far as non-ttcal things.. I just found out this morning that I have to have my tonsils removed. Everybody I've talked to has said that getting your tonsils out as an adult is awful. So I've been pretty much panicking about it all day.  I'm incredibly nervous.  I'm also not too excited about missing up to two weeks of work.  That's not really ideal when you're trying to save to buy a house.  Oh well I suppose. 

Hope all you ladies are doing well! Big ((((hugs))))) <3 
    9.08.12 BFP! | 11.01.12 MMC Discovered at 12 weeks| 11.06.12 D&C 
    11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
    7.01.15 BFP#3| 10.06.15 TEAM BLUE!| EDD 3.02.16
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • sammer818sammer818 member
    edited September 2013
    Ash - getting your tonsils out as an adult means you get to eat all of the pudding, popsicles, ice cream, and smoothies your little heart desires. You want a chocolate malt for breakfast and pistachio pudding for lunch?! Go for it! You have to focus on the positives here  :D

Jalara - Thanks! That looks like a fabulous spread!

TTC since April 2010
    ~All AL always welcome~

• *pregnancy/baby mentioned, not mine

Good afternoon ladies!  Let me start us off with a little of what I've been drinking lately:

imageimage

I won a peach-raspberry Sangria wine kit this summer, got 30 bottles out of it, and it is DELISH!

So my 40th birthday is on Monday, I'm a little mopey about that - my EDD was Aug. 29, so I'm more than a little resentful that I'm back at work this week (I'm a teacher) when I should be on mat leave, and not getting my special 40th 'birthday present' as expected.  But work is busy and keeps me good and distracted much of the time, so that's a good thing. 

On the non-TTCAL front, we're trying to sell our house as we found another we like and have put an offer on it, so we're holding a yard sale/open house tomorrow.  I can't believe how much crap we have to try and sell, yikes!  Anyone else out there verging on hoarder-dom?  I'm not that bad, but I definitely have packrat tendencies.  ;)

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• jalara48 said:
    SON OF A ______ !!!!!!!! Our car got keyed!!!!!!!!!

Likely in the garage. Our super is looking to see if the video cameras show anything. Otherwise there is nothing we can do.

Argh!

Seriously?? That sucks! I hate vandalism so much, it's just so senseless and idiotic.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• @sammer818 - I posted in your other thread too, but I'm so glad things seem to be moving in the right direction now! I'm really pulling for you.

@ashx3renee - I'm so glad to hear that things are ok with you and DH for now. I can't even imagine how difficult everything has been for you. ((lots of hugs))

@jalara48 - Yay for TTC again, I know it's scary but it's exciting too! I totally feel you on the jealousy/hating that you feel that way. I have a lot of that right now, and I hate hate hate the way I feel. So I know how you feel, and it sucks. ((hugs)) And WTF your car got keyed?! That sucks!! I hope it's easy to fix!

@gscoville - Happy early Birthday! I'm so sorry it's not the birthday you wanted it to be. I know how you feel, I just celebrated my birthday last monday, which also marked 2 years since we started TTC. Not how I expected it to be. I hope the start of the school year goes well!

Update:
    My 2nd attempt at a septum resection is scheduled for September 18. After the debacle that was last time, I am just crossing everything that it goes well this time. IF, and that is a big if, all goes well, we *should* be cleared to TTC after my next AF, which *should* be in early October.

In non-TTCAL news, I just started my last (!) semester of school. I'm running a half marathon on the 14th, which I am really excited about. Except now I'm injured and can't run. *sigh* Hopefully my leg will be better by next weekend! This training has been the glue holding me together the past few months and being injured is making me feel like I'm falling apart.

Lots of <3<3<3 to all of you! xoxoxo

imageimageimage

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + Cytotec.
    Operative hysteroscopy to remove septum 9/18/13.
    BFP #3 12/24/13. Natural m/c 1/17/14.
    BFP #4 3/20/14. Natural m/c 4/3/14.

Blog   Chart

Formerly known as MrsE07
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• @sammer818 - So glad things are moving in a forward direction for you.  Hope you have a lovely time in Maine :-)

@ashx3renee - Sorry you need a tonsillectomy.  I've been wondering myself if I should see about having it done, because I get tonsil stones all the time (gross).  I've hear the same thing about it being worse for adults, but I'm not really sure if that's true.  FX the surgery goes well for you, and that you are able to go house hunting soon!

@jalara48 - Sorry about your car!  That sucks :(  Glad the hsg went well though, and I'm exactly the same way that you are with weight loss.  I need to lose weight, and I'm pretty sure I can do it if I worked at it...but I don't.  The worst part is, I have a treadmill, yoga dvds, and a full weight bench in my basement so I don't really have an excuse.

@gscoville - Happy Birthday!!!  I know exactly how you feel about the "should have been on mat leave thing".  I was supposed to be off starting May when our next system hit at the hospital. Obviously I wasn't, and instead we've had a hellish time at work, that just isn't getting better :(  Sorry you had that reminder sweetie.  Also, I have packrat tendencies too... it's a hard habit to break!

@redtwizzlers - Glad you have a date for your surgery.  FX it goes perfectly for you.  Sorry you're hurt and can't really run right now, but good for you for even planning to run marathons.  I can't walk my butt downstairs to run (ok jog) on my treadmill I'm so lazy most days!  

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• My update is that I've been in a rough place this week.  My irregular cycles are wearing on me, and DH travels a lot for work and that adds undue stress on things.  He was home most of the summer, and I only had 1 FW, and he left last week and I finally started to O.  I thought I was handling everything ok, but that made me crack a bit.  How are we supposed to ever add to our family if we can't coordinate better.  Not to mention the Endometriosis is making the odds slimmer every month for us, and AMA is a couple months away.  It's so frustrating, and I'm a champ most of the time, but missing out on a rare chance is just defeating.

My poor DH.  He ended up driving 2.5 hours each way a couple days so we could at least have a chance.  Poor guy came home at 9 and had to leave again at 4 in the morning!  I'm glad we have a chance this month, but I'm feeling SO guilty right now.  

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• gscovillegscoville member
    edited September 2013
    @sammer818 - So glad things are moving in a forward direction for you.  Hope you have a lovely time in Maine :-)

@ashx3renee - Sorry you need a tonsillectomy.  I've been wondering myself if I should see about having it done, because I get tonsil stones all the time (gross).  I've hear the same thing about it being worse for adults, but I'm not really sure if that's true.  FX the surgery goes well for you, and that you are able to go house hunting soon!

@jalara48 - Sorry about your car!  That sucks :(  Glad the hsg went well though, and I'm exactly the same way that you are with weight loss.  I need to lose weight, and I'm pretty sure I can do it if I worked at it...but I don't.  The worst part is, I have a treadmill, yoga dvds, and a full weight bench in my basement so I don't really have an excuse.

@gscoville - Happy Birthday!!!  I know exactly how you feel about the "should have been on mat leave thing".  I was supposed to be off starting May when our next system hit at the hospital. Obviously I wasn't, and instead we've had a hellish time at work, that just isn't getting better :(  Sorry you had that reminder sweetie.  Also, I have packrat tendencies too... it's a hard habit to break!

@redtwizzlers - Glad you have a date for your surgery.  FX it goes perfectly for you.  Sorry you're hurt and can't really run right now, but good for you for even planning to run marathons.  I can't walk my butt downstairs to run (ok jog) on my treadmill I'm so lazy most days!  
    @sammer818 - I posted in your other thread too, but I'm so glad things seem to be moving in the right direction now! I'm really pulling for you.

@ashx3renee - I'm so glad to hear that things are ok with you and DH for now. I can't even imagine how difficult everything has been for you. ((lots of hugs))

@jalara48 - Yay for TTC again, I know it's scary but it's exciting too! I totally feel you on the jealousy/hating that you feel that way. I have a lot of that right now, and I hate hate hate the way I feel. So I know how you feel, and it sucks. ((hugs)) And WTF your car got keyed?! That sucks!! I hope it's easy to fix!

@gscoville - Happy early Birthday! I'm so sorry it's not the birthday you wanted it to be. I know how you feel, I just celebrated my birthday last monday, which also marked 2 years since we started TTC. Not how I expected it to be. I hope the start of the school year goes well!

Update:
    My 2nd attempt at a septum resection is scheduled for September 18. After the debacle that was last time, I am just crossing everything that it goes well this time. IF, and that is a big if, all goes well, we *should* be cleared to TTC after my next AF, which *should* be in early October.

In non-TTCAL news, I just started my last (!) semester of school. I'm running a half marathon on the 14th, which I am really excited about. Except now I'm injured and can't run. *sigh* Hopefully my leg will be better by next weekend! This training has been the glue holding me together the past few months and being injured is making me feel like I'm falling apart.

Lots of <3<3<3 to all of you! xoxoxo

Thank you ladies!!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• My update is that I've been in a rough place this week.  My irregular cycles are wearing on me, and DH travels a lot for work and that adds undue stress on things.  He was home most of the summer, and I only had 1 FW, and he left last week and I finally started to O.  I thought I was handling everything ok, but that made me crack a bit.  How are we supposed to ever add to our family if we can't coordinate better.  Not to mention the Endometriosis is making the odds slimmer every month for us, and AMA is a couple months away.  It's so frustrating, and I'm a champ most of the time, but missing out on a rare chance is just defeating.

My poor DH.  He ended up driving 2.5 hours each way a couple days so we could at least have a chance.  Poor guy came home at 9 and had to leave again at 4 in the morning!  I'm glad we have a chance this month, but I'm feeling SO guilty right now.  

((hugs)) I'm so sorry you're having a rough time of things, having so few chances just to even try really would make things feel so much worse.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• On the TTCAL issue: We're currently losing our 4th.  I'm disappointed, but mostly because I almost expected it to happen this time.  My doctor wants us to TTA until I can have the RPL and get the results back.  I'm just over it at the moment.  I feel so let down by my body.  

On the regular life situation: I registered this last week to continue with getting my doula certification.  Once I get my standard certification, I plan on going through stillbirthday.com to get my miscarriage/still birth doula certification as well.  It's helping me a lot to focus on a goal I had before we were seriously TTC.  I am hopeful and confident that I can have both of my certifications done within a year.  
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • @RedTwizzlers thanks love. I'm just glad things have worked out and we are moving forward.   :)

@HelloSweetie1 I'll definitely let you know how the surgery goes for me and my experience with it.  I would say with something recurring like what you're experience, it would probably be very beneficial to you to have your tonsils removed.  Also (((hugs))) to you lady.  I hope your timing works out this month. Hang in there sweetie. 
    9.08.12 BFP! | 11.01.12 MMC Discovered at 12 weeks| 11.06.12 D&C 
    11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
    7.01.15 BFP#3| 10.06.15 TEAM BLUE!| EDD 3.02.16
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• jenek0213 said:
    SIGGY

@gscoville oh yum! I got DH a white merlot kit for Christmas and he's planning to make it in October! Was wine making hard? We've tried beer making but not wine yet. Happy belated Birthday, I'm so sorry it wasn't the birthday that you expected and deserved but I hope you had fun and did something nice for yourself.

I didn't actually have to make the wine myself, our local U-Brew did the 'brewing' and I just had to go and bottle it when it was ready.  Super easy of course, and super yummy! ;)

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• kateitho said:
    On the TTCAL issue: We're currently losing our 4th.  I'm disappointed, but mostly because I almost expected it to happen this time.  My doctor wants us to TTA until I can have the RPL and get the results back.  I'm just over it at the moment.  I feel so let down by my body.  

On the regular life situation: I registered this last week to continue with getting my doula certification.  Once I get my standard certification, I plan on going through stillbirthday.com to get my miscarriage/still birth doula certification as well.  It's helping me a lot to focus on a goal I had before we were seriously TTC.  I am hopeful and confident that I can have both of my certifications done within a year.  
    I'm so incredibly sorry hun. *HUGE HUGS*

TTC since April 2010
    ~All AL always welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"