Northern California Babies

I need help (Foster City and surrounding areas)

Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time bumpie - usually spend my time on the Parenting board or my BMB.  I was hoping I could get some advice/help from you all.  We just found out a few days ago that my DH's job is relocating us to their corporate office in Foster City from Seattle.  I'm originally from SoCal but I'm not familiar with the bay area at all.  We will be moving in a few months.  I was hoping you might be able to suggest some cities/areas near Foster City (with in 20 miles) that are nice/good places to live and that have good school districts.

Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.  Thank you :)
imageimageimageimage

Re: I need help (Foster City and surrounding areas)

• azzyberry said:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time bumpie - usually spend my time on the Parenting board or my BMB.  I was hoping I could get some advice/help from you all.  We just found out a few days ago that my DH's job is relocating us to their corporate office in Foster City from Seattle.  I'm originally from SoCal but I'm not familiar with the bay area at all.  We will be moving in a few months.  I was hoping you might be able to suggest some cities/areas near Foster City (with in 20 miles) that are nice/good places to live and that have good school districts.

Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.  Thank you :)
    If you want to be close to Foster City, consider Foster City, San Mateo, Burlingame, Belmont, Redwood Shores, and Redwood City.  If you don't mind a commute, you might be able to find some nicer homes that are more affordable in the East Bay, but again, the commute can be terrible.  Avoid East Palo Alto (though Palo Alto itself is quite nice, though expensive).
  • Agree with everything said above and also San Carlos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much.  I will definitely check all those places out (except for East Palo Alto ;) ).  It's so hard to move somewhere you don't know anything about.  Thanks again!
    imageimageimageimage
  • Hi! I relocated from Seattle to San Mateo, which is right near Foster City in march.  

I agree with the suggestions on places to live. great schools dot org was a great resource on schools.

Feel free to PM me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Foster City itself has amazing schools.  Rent/Mortgage is a bit expensive in the city, but its a great city for kids to grow up in.  (I did!)

San Carlos is awesome too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"