Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Recommendations for 5pt. harness booster seats for third row install in toyota sienna?

TIA for any recommendations or tips you have to share:)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Recommendations for 5pt. harness booster seats for third row install in toyota sienna?

• Options
    Will there be any other seats that need to be installed in the third row with it? Generally the most reccomend seat are the Graco nautilus/Argos , Harmony defender and the Britax frontier (one of the highest harness heights out there ) . The Britax would keep the child harnessed the longest and the defender is the cheaper of the three . The Graco is a great seat we have one of both the nautilus and Argos and they are great but they do take up allot of space.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendations.  We are currently expecting our third and what will most likely be final child.  When the new baby arrives I had planned to just put our two oldest in the back row and the infant in one of the captain's chairs.  But evidently my husband says our britax boulevards are too big to be installed together in the third row?  Something about the seats being too tall and the headrests not being removable in the third row?  I am due any day now, hormonal, and so I am just trusting him on this one, but perhaps he is mistaken?  My oldest can move up to a booster seat in a few months so in addition to wanting to keep him in a 5pt harness, I would like to have it fit in the third row since it will make for easier access if we can fold down one of the captain's chairs..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What year is your Sienna?  If you are having issues with the van headrests with the Britax Seats, you will have issues with any other seat.  

But I do recommend the Britax Frontier or the Graco Argos.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    We have a 2010 Toyota Sienna and have two Britax Frontiers. We have one Britax Frontier in one of the captains chairs and another Frontier in the back with a Marathon on the opposite side. The only downside for us is the latch positions on the back bench are right next to each other (the left seat and middle). We had no problem putting two Marathons there side-by-side, but the Frontier has to be belted in to the far right since it doesn't fit next to any other car seat due to the width. My kids are still all under 40 pounds and can be latched so if yours are over you may not be able to latch anyway, but figured I would throw that out there.

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• Options
    I would ask on car seats for the Littles on Facebook. The techs on there are amazing and seat configurations and recommending seats that will last a long time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    Our Sienna is new, 2013 XLE.
  • Options
    What do you have for top tethers in third row? Some seats require in, either always or after a certain weight. I would make sure you're using them ff regardless. Do your kids still fit ff in their current seats?
  • Options
    abell77 said:
    Our Sienna is new, 2013 XLE.
    Ok.  Then the headrests do come off.  Check the manual to see how :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Like a PP mentioned, check how many top tethers you have in the 3rd row.  I believe 2011 and newer only have 1 top tether in the 3rd row (we have a 2011 and I don't think they've changed since then) so you can only have one forward facing harnessed seat back there.  Well, technically you could put 2 because in the US it's not the law to tether forward facing seats but it is HIGHLY recommended.  

As for seats, we have a Nautilus and love it.  I've installed it in the 3rd row before with no issues and I didn't remove the headrests.  My 5.5 year old still has plenty of growing room harnessed in his Nautilus.  
  • Options
    JENandJEH said:
    Like a PP mentioned, check how many top tethers you have in the 3rd row.  I believe 2011 and newer only have 1 top tether in the 3rd row (we have a 2011 and I don't think they've changed since then) so you can only have one forward facing harnessed seat back there.  Well, technically you could put 2 because in the US it's not the law to tether forward facing seats but it is HIGHLY recommended.  

As for seats, we have a Nautilus and love it.  I've installed it in the 3rd row before with no issues and I didn't remove the headrests.  My 5.5 year old still has plenty of growing room harnessed in his Nautilus.  
    Still check the manual. It may not be a mandatory thing in the US, but certain seats require it. Of the top of my head I can't tell you all of them, but the Britax Frontier requires it after 65lbs in the US, as an example.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"