Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Diono Radian Owners

I'm in the market for an R120 or RXT.  I bought the R120 for my husbands car for my 2.5 yr old DS.  I had seen people complain about the headwings on the RXT and since he's not in my husbands truck a whole lot I decided to go with the R120.  Now I need to move DS2 into a convertible so I'll need another in my SUV.  If you own the RXT is there anything you don't like about the headwings?  I plan to rear face him as long as possible so that might matter when deciding between the RXT and R120...

Really just need your opinions - why did you go with the RXT over the R120?  And if you didn't choose the RXT, why not?  If you own the RXT and rear face, are the head wings just in the way?

TIA!
photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Diono Radian Owners

• Options
    I chose the RXT specifically for the headwings.  It just seemed like a little more added protection to me.  DD is 19months, 33/34 inches tall and still rear facing.  The wings do not appear to bother her in the least bit.  I can maybe see where that could happen once the child is about to outgrow the seat but that shouldn't happen to us for many more years.  I plan on buying a second RXT for my expected DS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I went with the XT (now RXT) because it was on sale for cheaper than the Premier (R120), or I would have gone with the Premier instead (this is just before Sunshine Kids went Diono). I also have a Radian 65 which is similar to the R100, I'm not fussed one way or the other headwings/no headwings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks all!
    BLang - it looks like the Defender is forward facing only?  I'm hoping to rear face DS1 until he's about 4.  Darn, that was a nice cheap option :)

I think I'll probably just end up with the R120 - it seems like it's about 50/50 on the reviews everywhere I look.
    photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got the r120 because I did not want head wings. it will be ages before DS is tall enough for them, and I figured for the most part, they would be in the way.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    The headwings become an issue in FF and booster mode. They potentially decrease the longevity of the seat by 6 months to a year because they can cramp a kids shoulders before the harness is outgrown. I have the RXT because that is what they had at BBB and they price match and I wanted it that day. I'm more interested in the Radian for extended rear facing and the slim fit in my car and figure that I will switch DS1 into an FF combo seat then have DS2 use the Radian.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The Radian itself is the issue with booster mode. It's outgrown at the same time as the harness is and is not adjustable. It also carries a 50lb minimum and most kids that fit the harness will not yet weigh 50 lbs. I've tried my older kids in the RXT, the headwings don't affect the longevity of the harness by much, if at all. Being that it's the only seat on the market that allows the harness to be below the shoulders in the top most slot while forward facing, it will last beyond the 17" top slots and probably be outgrown shortly before something like the Graco Nautilus would, putting most kids at a reasonable age to booster. Pp this isn't for you, just an FYI to anyone reading.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"