Food Allergy

Question About Hostess Cupcakes

My daughter doesn't have any food allergies but there is at least 1 child in her classroom this year with a peanut allergy. I've been trying to figure out what to send to school on her brithday (which is tomorrow). I was going to make Rice Krispy treats but DD doesn't like them. I thought about buying cookies made in the grocery store bakery but they said there could be cross contamination. I figured the safest thing is pre-packaged processed food. I checked the ingrediant list on the hostess cupcakes and it said they contained egg, wheat and milk (I think) but there was no mention of nuts. Should these be safe? I wasn't sure if they label should say they are nut free. Thanks.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

Re: Question About Hostess Cupcakes

• The last time I checked those I thought they said they were made in a facility with nuts. It's really thoughtful of you to ask about this, though. Oreos are safe. I've found a few brands of mini powdered sugar donuts that are safe, and that's what I used to send. One of her friends brought ice cream sandwiches, and those were okay. I always send a safe treat, and I kept a stash at the school just in case.
  • I ended up calling Hostess since I was finding conflicting info online. Ther person I spoke with said that all of their bakeries are peanut free. They have one bakery that uses walnuts (bakery 2300). I believe the person I spoke with said that all of the bakeries have coconut but that wasn't a concern of mine so I didn't write that down. Most of the stuff I found online was from 2011 or earlier so things might have changed after Hostess shut down production then re-opened.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"