August 2012 Moms
Options

Baby Registry (Vent)

So DD's cousin's wife is expecting in early November.  I just got the invite yesterday for the shower at the end of the September.  They are regestered at BRU and Target.  I just looked at both registries online and it is slim pickings!  I'm just in shock that so much as been purchased off thier registries already, espchally since we just received the invite!  (Not much was bought off my registry until my shower invites went out!) 

Not only is her infant car seat bought with extra bases, but so has her convertable car seat!  Not that I'd buy her a car seat, but it is crazy for me to wrap my head around since I literally just bought DD's convertable and am still in the process of buying her another for DH's car!  LOL!

Brainstorming ...

I know ... I know ... as a new mom myself, I should be able to think outside the box and be able to pick out that one thing that every mom needs but fails to put on thier registry!  But unfortunitally you can't register for sleep!  LOL!

She's got a Boppy on there (already purchased), but no other BF stuff.  Maybe I'd get her some BF care package type stuff.  Is it safe to assume that if you register for a Bobby, your going to BF?  I EBFed so I don't know if others registered for Boppys even if they did not plan to BF?  Maybe I'll txt DH's aunt and ask if that would be appropriate?  Maybe something less "personal" would be better. 

She's registered for some really really nice nursery furniture (some has already been bought).  So maybe I'll get her some nice fleese crib rail covers to protect her investment ... since that is something I'm struggling with myself!  Thankfully my crib cost a fraction of her crib!  LOL!

Still thinking ...

Ummm ... she doesn't have any swaddlers or sleep sacks on there.  We weren't much for the swaddlers, but we love the sleep sacks!  We still have DD in a sleep sack!  Maybe those?  But you never know.  Maybe she didn't register for those because she doesn't want to use them!  LOL!  I know sometimes new moms are "particular".  I know I was!

Well ... at least as I was writting this I came up with some ideas! 

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby Registry (Vent)

• Options

I made my sister a "things you will need but likely wont get kit"

Added things like soothies, and nuks, aspirator, nail clippers, stain remover, travel sized lotions/butt paste/soaps, TIDE COLOR CATCHERS (those were a life saver, never sorted clothes, only put one of those in the washer and ran the load) Sock nets for the washer so you don't lose socks while washing them, newborn diapers,  and diaper genie refills as well as freshners for inside the lid (Because I saw someone bought one off her registery) some bottles, and coupons for diapers that are good until August of next year.

I tried to think of the things I received an overwhelming amount of (like blankets and clothes) and things I could have used more of but didn't get, so hopefully she is thankful about it. I made a blanket when we first found out she was having a girl because I was so excited but then I really thought about it and I knew what I should have done.

hope this helps in a small way.

Born 8.24.12 at 8:44pm (4 days early) 8lbs 3oz!
  • Options
    I didn't BF, and I registered for a boppy. 
    photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could also make a basket of small essentials.  This is what I do sometimes, and they are always a hit.   Things like baby shampoo, lotion, acetaminophen.
    photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think swaddlers and/or sleep sacks are a good idea. If you give a gift receipt, then she can return them if there was a reason she didn't want them. But even if she thinks she doesn't want them now, she may change her mind after baby is born.

Another idea is some plain white onesies. I think those were the only clothes we had to buy DD in her first year. No one bought us plain ones (probably because they are boring to buy), but they are useful.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Fisher Price Seahorse! Everyone gets one of those from me now as part of their gift.

I think sleep sacks would be good, too.

How about a pair of BabyLegs? We used those sooooo much the first 6 months!

LadyyShea 's idea of "things you won't get". I'd also toss in baby Tylenol and Little Remedies nasal spray.

Or a bathtime kit: infant tub, inflatable duck tub, baby pouf sponge, shampoo, bath toys.

Did she register for a Rock N Play? That's a good gift! It looks "boring", but so useful!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    maybe do something for baby and then a care package for mom? 

some cotton nursing pads (i love mine! just throw in the wash) as she may leak a little even if she doesn't try to nurse. 

some coconut oil for mom and baby

how about a cute hair clip if she has longer hair?  mine was back in a hair tie or clip the first few months.

oh and non newborn clothes.  I was super thankful that many of the moms who bought us clothes did so up through 9-12 months size.  we bought very little for her until recently.

side note i wish people had bought more off my registry.  we got some of the good basics like the boppy and breast friend, my diaper pail, some bottles... and we had clothes at all different ages.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    forgot to mention that I had Tylenol, gripe water, and saline drops for stuffy noses..... my DH and I LOVED gripe water when my DS was itty bitty.
    Born 8.24.12 at 8:44pm (4 days early) 8lbs 3oz!
  • Options

I think people might register for a boppy without intending to BF.  I wouldn't assume that she is if there isn't anything else related to BFing on her registry. 

I think a basket of essentials would be great - tylenol, saline, aquaphor, triple paste, boogie wipes, gas drops, etc.  And A&A blankets would be a really nice extra if she's not registered for them.  I still use them.  And definitely include a gift receipt, just in case.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    I would skip the BFing stuff. I registered for and used a Boppy, but I didn't BF.

A couple of my experienced mom friends bought me toys that their little ones loved. They were totally right, those toys have been a big hit with DD. Another one of my favorite gifts was a Starbucks gift card! Coffee is the next best thing to sleep.
  • Options
    Boppy doesn't equal breastfeeding for me. I wouldn't get her BFing supplies if she didn't register for them.

I'd just get her some A&A blankets.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    PP have good ideas. The A&A blanket are a good one.
    I wouldn't do any feeding supplies. She may want to BF and can't or may plan on doing both and baby might refuse thd bottle.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options

Thanks for the advice ladies!

I guess because I used my Bobby soooooo much for BFing, I totally have the association of Bobby=BFing!  Thanks for setting me straight that that is not always the case!  LOL!

I don't see any BF stuff on there, so I'm going to stear clear of that stuff.

I think I might get her a Rock N Play.  She didn't register for one and that was something that I also did not register for BUT used it soooooo much those first few months!  Thanks for the reminder!  I packed mine away and totally forgot just how useful it was!  LOL!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"