Dads & Dads-to-be

LO is potty trained

I know a lot of the dads on this board have younger children then I do.  MW and I just did the three day potty training and it worked really well for us.  He was already going on the potty off and on with some coaching etc but we had him throw out all of his diapers on Saturday and by Monday he was pretty much potty trained at least for peeing.  Today he only had one accident which was a poo accident which we feel will take a little more time for him to get there with that one.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO is potty trained

• Awesome man!

Congrats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • @jack19, ours is basically you take a long weekend and have at least one adult by the child the whole time he is awake and watch for signals that he is about ready to go to the bathroom.  Since we did this over labor day, we kept him in a shirt and underwear for the first two days.  The first day you have to grab him and carry him to the bathroom.  By the third day he starts telling you when he has to go.  We also had him in shorts and shirt on the third day and he kept his clothes dry even though we had two one hour drives.

MW posted on the Facebook birth month and got feedback that teaching a child to know when they have to go poo can take up to another 2 weeks.

It helps if your child is already understanding at least a little when he has to go and can tell you when his diaper is soiled.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congrats man!  We are still fighting the battle.  He'll tell us when he has to pee...sometimes.  He was really good about it for about a week and then it is like he forgot and regressed.  We'd try the 3 day method but the way he's going right now, I think we'd have a very wet house.  He still won't even tell us when he's pooped his diaper, in fact, he'll lie to us and tell us he hasn't.
  • Yeah, our kids are about a month apart.
  • Awesome man. Congrats and great to hear. We're a ways away from that, but I'll be keeping the 3-day thing in mind for when the time comes. Nice job!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"