Baby Names

why are so many of you obsessed with the letter Y?

is alyx really that much better than alex?

there are 26 letters in our alphabet, stop showing such favoratism for one.

lol!

kiss it, nest.

Re: why are so many of you obsessed with the letter Y?

• I totally agree.  I dont know why people think it is so new and different to add "y's" to names that shouldnt have them.
  • it's tradition in my family. My daughter's name is Yyyyy and it's pronounced like "Clara." I think it's cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • B/c my child's name just has to be super duper spycial and unyck even if it means using as many y's as possible! You're just jealous you couldn't utilize the letter in such a creative way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageshamaIamadingdo:
    it's tradition in my family. My daughter's name is Yyyyy and it's pronounced like "Clara." I think it's cute!

I can't breathe!  OMG...

• What's wrong with you? It's Uniyq.
  • I guess what I don't understand is how anyone can post names with unnecessary Y's and expect positive comments.

It doesn't take that much lurking on the bump to figure out those Y's just don't fly here.

As a matter of fact I've come to dislike the letter Y altogether! I'm thinking of changing my name from Emily to Emilie, LOL! Wink

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMaudGonne:
    What's wrong with you? It's Uniyq.

LOL.  I almost spit out my water.

• It drives me crazy, too!  I just don't get it.
  • my neice's middle name is Ayden. ?because if you use a y in a boy's name it turns it into a girl's name. ?
  • imagecvincent0423:
    my neice's middle name is Ayden.  because if you use a y in a boy's name it turns it into a girl's name.

OMG you are absolutely right! We don't really need to come up with a boy list AND a girl list. If it's a boy it could be Lincoln, William, or Felix BUT if it's a girl it could be Lyncoln, Wyllyam, or Felyx. AWESOME!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEmie28:

imagecvincent0423:
    my neice's middle name is Ayden.  because if you use a y in a boy's name it turns it into a girl's name.

OMG you are absolutely right! We don't really need to come up with a boy list AND a girl list. If it's a boy it could be Lincoln, William, or Felix BUT if it's a girl it could be Lyncoln, Wyllyam, or Felyx. AWESOME!

I am dying laughing! And I am at work and people are staring! hahahahahahahaha!

• I don't get the whole Y names either.  My cousin named her son Jaymes.  (James).  Personally I think it is silly but that is just my opnion.
  • imageEmie28:

imagecvincent0423:

LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • alyx? wow!

someone got to happy with the y.

• You are so right. It drives me nuts. Dh says adding a "y" sucks the class out of a good name.

Someone posted a name like Jordyn Kaylyn Keslyn the other day and I laughed out loud. People actually said that they loved the creative spelling. It looks ridiculous!

I also hate it when people take a boy's name and throw a Y in it to make it a girl's name because that Y "just makes it more feminine." Ick! 

• I thought this post was totally going a different way, lol.

but ITA with you. (although Alyx looks really sexy, IMO ...::giggle::)

• Not a fan of using Y is names...where it is un-needed.
  • imagecvincent0423:

NO!!! The letter Y has been the bane of my existence!  My name is Toni and I cannot STAND when people are stubborn idiots that insist on spelling it Tony - even AFTER I spell it for them.  I'm a girl darn it!

This whole post is cracking me up and I totally agree!

• I cyn't stynd the Y phynomynon.
  • imagecvincent0423:

Ooh! Like a previous post for "Bostyn"??? That's a girls name now too.

• I believe Bostyn and Emersyn are the classic examples of this from this board.

• Amen. A friend of mine just named her baby daughter Paytyn. *rolls eyes*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"