One & Done: Only child
Options

PPD/PPA

Is anyone OAD mainly because of PPD/PPA in first pregnancy?

Re: PPD/PPA

• Options
    Not mainly, but partly.  PPA for me.

• Options
    I had severe PPD/PPA, insominia, I overdosed on ambien a few times because I couldnt sleep. I'm terrified to go through that again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I am suffering from PPA/PPD still (10 months PP).  L is a little delayed with his physical milestones and is in PT and even though that is going well I can't help but be concerned about other things and as he is my first and only I have no idea if what I am worried about is even a thing or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean I was worried about absolutely everything. made myself sick over every little thing.
  • Options
    It is one of our reasons. My PPD was so bad that my parents basically took care of LO and me for four full weeks and provided tremendous support for another four weeks. LO was two months old before I spent a night alone in our house with him. (My DH was deployed for our LO's birth and his first nine months.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Is anyone OAD mainly because of PPD/PPA in first pregnancy?
    Partly, yeah. Partly finances, too...but this is a huge factor.

Zoloft is my friend :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Let me also add that I shouldn't have waited 2.5 years to do something about my anxiety.

I'm now on Zoloft and it's amazingly helpful. I still acknowledge things as worrisome, but it's more like 'Huh, I guess that might be anxiety inducing....but I'm kinda okay with it." or "I think I might get anxious about that. Well...maybe not. Nope, I'm okay."

And I've started seeing a counselor. Best thing I did, really. If you're still suffering, even if it's not all the time (I had issues maybe every few weeks) PLEASE do something about it.
  • Options
    This is my first time commenting (but I've lurked my entire pregnancy). My daughter is only 8 days old, but I had horrible anxiety from about month 5 on. I immediately went on Zoloft after she was born in hopes of warding off PPD, but I just feel like I wouldn't be able to handle another pregnancy like I had.
  • Options
    Thanks @mandelbread for sharing your story.  I need to find a therapist/psychiatrist stat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, it's a decently large part of the decision. Counseling did wonders.
  • Options
    DivallynDivallyn member
    edited September 2013
    It's probably about 60% of the reason we are OAD. Something went wrong immediately after birth and it was impossible for me to fall asleep. The insomnia lead to PPD and PPA. With that I became suicidal and honestly felt I was going to die from sleep deprivation (on average 30 minutes a night for 2 months). I finally gave up breastfeeding so I could go on sleeping pills and things slowly slowly got better. I didn't feel normal or mentally stable till about 12-14 months. I never ever want to go through that again. Hind sight I should of gave up breast feeding at 3 weeks when my doctor was begging me to so she could put me on sleeping pills. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks @mandelbread for sharing your story.  I need to find a therapist/psychiatrist stat.
    you're welcome. I searched out an MD (for the meds) through my health network and she is part of a practice with Social Workers (who I see on a biweekly basis for now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"