Adoption
Options

Two years and one week later

meganroseleemeganroselee member
edited September 2013 in Adoption
Two years and one week ago my beautiful son was born. Huge blue eyes and legs skinny and flexible like a frog, he was not even 7lbs and barely fit his carseat. I remember driving down the highway looking at him in panic. Who had made the mistake in trusting me with such precious and delicate cargo?

So much had preceded his birth in the previous six months... Miscarriage, a failed adoption where we drove 20h home in silence.
The worst was being there for my sons birth, taking care of him for 3 days in the hospital and then day of discharge to have his birth mom tell us she wanted to parent. Those days before she decided she really couldnt parent were some of the lowest of my life.
Things have been a bit slow on this board and my logins more infrequent with under two kids under two in the home, but I remember how I would come here and voraciously, vicariously devour everyone's story and take in all the lessons and experiences ladies here had to share (thx fredalina, .cptserious, dr lorettea, silliestbunny!)

To everyone starting the process or actively waiting, you are in my thoughts, I hope you find each other soon. Things will go faster in retrospect. To those who have had bumps, know you are not alone (and yes, it will all be worth it)

My son is handsome, smart, loving, kind, athletic and funny. We found each other two years and one week ago.

33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!

Re: Two years and one week later

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing the light at the end of the tunnel
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't find it odd at all! I think back on our experience as well. Adoption is full of ups and downs and it's nice to hear the other end of the story too, not just the getting there stories. The day I met my son was terrifying as well! By the time you are matched and the baby is born, mine was last minute, so we had zero prep time except an airplane trip, it is totally overwhelming. So different from having a child biologically when we at least have a pretty set timeline.
    So congrats on your family! It's a crazy, difficult, and beautiful journey. My son came to us 2 years 5 months and 10 days ago and has been a blessing ever since :)

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    meganroseleemeganroselee member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks kgs, marshmallow and strawberryglobug. Gloating was not my intention. When I was waiting, I loved postings about ppl who had been matched or got the call or even better took their baby home. Adoption (unlike infertility) gave me the hope that one day, if I kept going, I would be a mom. Just ruminations on how low I felt just a little over two years ago and what I hope reaches someone who might be in a similar situation to hold on for that one last match that was meant to be. Fair enough it didn't impact you, Jalara, in this manner. As I said before, I hope the best for everyone regardless of where they are at in their journey
    33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
  • Options
    Great story:)
    After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."
  • Options
    To each their own, but I don't find this story odd at all. Thank you for sharing. Happy birthday to your son.

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
  • Options
    I love hearing happy endings (beginnings)!  Thank you for sharing :-)
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing!

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Options
    How lovely.  Thank you for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"