April 2014 Moms
Options

Ectopic vs. Gas?

I was 6 weeks yesterday and am having a few random, sharp pains in my lower, left abdomen. No bleeding, HCG has been quadrupling with each blood draw and has risen to 1,905 as of this past Tuesday. My stomach is making some crazy noises. I don't have my first sonogram for another week. I'm terrified I could have an ectopic. Would there be more symptoms?

Re: Ectopic vs. Gas?

• Options
    I haven't experienced an ectopic but I do know that If there is pain it will be pretty severe. Sometimes there is bleeding and sometimes there is no pain at all. Pain in either side can also be normal. If you are really concerned call your doc. Here is a website with some info:

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=352

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    With my first ectopic I didn't know I was PG and I thought it was gas. I thought "if I could just pass gas I'd feel better." But I wouldn't describe it as q few random sharp pains....it was very persistent and got worse throughout the day until it was unbearable. It was also very isolated to one side and wrapped around to my rectum. So I think its very possible that you are just experiencing gas or cramps due to your uterus stretching. I have had both of those with this pregnancy which is not ectopic. Drink lots of water and if it gets worse or if you have any bleeding call your Dr right away. Good luck.
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
    05/31/1997: Married DH - Began TTC right away | 08/2002: Diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis
    10/05/2005: Adpoted DS - Funniest boy ever!
    09/2007: Ectopic with rupture - lost right tube | 09/2012: Ectopic - saved the left tube
    08/05/2013: BFP not ectopic | EDD: 4/22/2014 | 09/15/2013: Miscarried at home
    Underwent Gastric Bypass 01/06/2014 to help with PCOS and weight.  Lost 186 lbs - had to TTA for 1 year
    Burned the bench 01/20/15 - Medicated Cycle with Clomid and HCG trigger shot on 02/08/2015
    ++++ BFP 2/17/18 ++++  EDD 10/26/2015
    "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." ~ Romans 15:13 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @dajhughes I really think it's gas or some random pregnancy weirdness. It's one quick pain and then it goes away for awhile.
  • Options
    MamaFantasticMamaFantastic member
    edited September 2013
    with my ectopic pregnancy, mucousy bleeding was my hallmark sign.  i actually had NO pain whatsoever until the night before i finally called for an appointment, which is rare.  usually you get very intense, sharp pains that don't improve.  i just had bleeding off and on for 3 solid weeks.  i was 8 weeks along with a ruptured ectopic cyst in the distal (entrypoint next to the ovary) end on one of my fallopian tubes, so i think that might have made a difference in me not experiencing much pain.

truth is, ectopic pregnancies SUCK (i know!) but they are rare.  sharp pains from gas or a growing uterus also suck (much less so) and are very very common.  i doubt you have an ectopic situation going on based on what you've described.  the body does funky things in early pregnancy.  you would most likely have pain plus bleeding if there was something majorly wrong.

hang in there!
  • Options
    I have all sorts of intestinal problems when I am pregnant, too. Hope that you feel better, and that it's nothing
  • Options
    Thanks @spasticfantastic ! I feel like a FTM!
  • Options
    With my ectopic it was obvious consistent pain. All over. I got really dizzy with standing and had no bleeding externally. Happy thoughts that you just need to pass a little wind..
  • Options
    Oh yeah I was also going to say that when my hcg for this go around came back above 1500 my Dr said that it would be very unusual to see an ectopic with an hcg that high. So find encouragement in your high hcg. Also I have found that gas-x has helped a lot and it is usually on the safe otc list. Hope you find some peace and that you feel better soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
    05/31/1997: Married DH - Began TTC right away | 08/2002: Diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis
    10/05/2005: Adpoted DS - Funniest boy ever!
    09/2007: Ectopic with rupture - lost right tube | 09/2012: Ectopic - saved the left tube
    08/05/2013: BFP not ectopic | EDD: 4/22/2014 | 09/15/2013: Miscarried at home
    Underwent Gastric Bypass 01/06/2014 to help with PCOS and weight.  Lost 186 lbs - had to TTA for 1 year
    Burned the bench 01/20/15 - Medicated Cycle with Clomid and HCG trigger shot on 02/08/2015
    ++++ BFP 2/17/18 ++++  EDD 10/26/2015
    "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." ~ Romans 15:13 
  • Options
    I had that problem and they found a cyst on my left ovary... Everyone kept saying pain is normal but that pain was horrible.
  • Options
    I'm going through the exact same thing. My RE is giving me an ultrasound tomorrow to check, but with the way I described the pain, she's not very worried. When I pass gas it feels better, then it hurts again.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"