Minnesota Babies

Intro-Didnt know a Minnesota sight existed

Hey Im new to this board but have been on the December 2013 board for 5 months. I am a FTM and once motivated will be selling my house and moving in with my boyfriend. We found out I was pregnant at 3.5 weeks, Im finding it weird I found out so early but I knew something was "just different". Im a Certified Vet tech and have a few fur babies. Im finding pregnancy to be quite a rollercoaster. Anyways I was excited when I finally stared to look around TB and came across this board.
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Intro-Didnt know a Minnesota sight existed

• Its a quiet board, but welcome! Where are you located at?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome and congrats!  I'm a tech too!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, Im in Fridley (between NE mpls and Blaine). Kaleigh I love your wedding pic. Mbgreenwalt do you work at a clinic in the cities? How has it been working while pregnant, I have so many restrictions at work it gets to be a pain but worth it. Where are you ladies from?
  • I do work in the cities. I've been at the same clinic for 11 years.  I was a tech/office manager with my first and pretty much ran the front desk for 9 months and would occasionally do labs for a week so I wouldn't burn out.  I was promoted to practice manager after I had my first, so I was mainly doing office work through my second pregnancy.  It wasn't too bad, but I missed doing dentals!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Sounds like it worked out pretty good for you. I am head of surgery so I really miss doing prep and anesthesia. I still coordinate it all but just don't get to be hands on.
  • Oh not far at all, I live in ne and work in fridley/slp. And thanks, we just happened to find that chalk writing walking back from the st Anthony bridge after photos. Couldn't pass it up!
  • Welcome, I'm on the December 2013 board too! Do you work in Fridley too?
    I wish I was back working. We were moving around when I found out and decided to go back to school (online) instead of work. I landed a care taking/leasing position in New Hope so at least I feel like I'm contributing a little. Either way never leaving the house drives me up the wall. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh not far at all, I live in ne and work in fridley/slp. And thanks, we just happened to find that chalk writing walking back from the st Anthony bridge after photos. Couldn't pass it up!

That is so cool that you found that during your picture time. perfect! Not to be creepy but I think its pretty neat that we live so close to eachother and that out babies are due around the same time. Maybe if we get to know eachother better we could have play dates!
  • m88bloom said:
    Welcome, I'm on the December 2013 board too! Do you work in Fridley too?
    I wish I was back working. We were moving around when I found out and decided to go back to school (online) instead of work. I landed a care taking/leasing position in New Hope so at least I feel like I'm contributing a little. Either way never leaving the house drives me up the wall. 

I work in New Brighton. Where do you live?(new Hope?)  What are you going to school for?  Have you thought about joining something like a cooking class or arts and craft type thing? That would be a good way to get out of the house. Im open to meeting up with any of you ladies over time

• Yup, I'm living in New Hope and going to school for social work. You know one of those careers you don't get into for the money. SO wants to go to a birthing class, mainly to meet other new parents and I keep putting him off. My sister just watched a lot of "a baby story" and she did fine ;-) Not sure why but I've always seen them as a waste of money. That would be great to get together with some ladies who understand what I'm going through. It seems like even  the women I know who have been there done that have forgotten. 
  • Welcome!  I found out I was pregnant at 3.5 weeks too because I was charting.  It was a bit weird because it felt like it took a long time to get to the "safety zone" and most of my other friends didn't find out until closer to 6-8 weeks... 
  • @m88bloom I can only imagine how tough it is to be a social worker, I totally get the not money motivated career. We discussed birthing class and it just doesn't sound appealing to me either but I agree it could be a good way to meet other parents. I read one of the posts where it seemed some were meeting up, did that ever happen? @auroraloo thank you. @NatesCupcake47 I feel like this pregnancy is taking extra long because we found out so early and kept it a secret for so long (I had to tell my work immediately but we waited with everyone else) . Well Congratulations to all you ladies
  • I think I was out that week so I'm not sure. I've just recently began to become more involved on this bored. We could set something up for this month though :-) at least for the ladies in our area (North/ North East)? 
  • RileyLynn said:

Oh not far at all, I live in ne and work in fridley/slp. And thanks, we just happened to find that chalk writing walking back from the st Anthony bridge after photos. Couldn't pass it up!

That is so cool that you found that during your picture time. perfect! Not to be creepy but I think its pretty neat that we live so close to eachother and that out babies are due around the same time. Maybe if we get to know eachother better we could have play dates!

Yeah I would love to get together with some girls. I feel so boring all the time since most of my friends go out every weekend and I sit at home and go for walks for fun haha. If a weekend works for a few of yall we should set something up!
  • I'm down for meeting up too since it sounds like a lot of you aren't far from me!  I wasn't available the other time that was discussed in a previous thread for a meetup.  A walk or something sounds nice!
  • I feel the same way about my girlfriends, they all like to go out and have "a ggod time" at the bar and Im like hey im in my pjs and bars just don't sounds very fun. I don't work Thursdays or Fridays and am available Almost all Sundays of September and probably October as well so I think we should all definatly set something up
  • I'm fairly open and can basically make my own schedule. Any one else thinking specific days or times? Also a walk sounds like a great idea. I got scolded from doc for gaining too much :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"