Baby Names
Options

Boy names with a feminine sound

Not pregnant, just browsing.
I tend to like boy names that are starting to be used on girls. This doesn't bother me at all and I'm just looking for some more suggestions. My top two boy names are Rory and Finley. I don't like how popular Finley is becoming, so I'm looking for some new names to add to my list. I also like: Callum, Arden, Stellan, Soren, Silas, and Wesley. 
DD is Ramona. I'm not too picky about them going together, but I did cut Rowan off my list, for example, because it's just too close to Ramona. Last name is french, starts with an L and ends in an "o" sound. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.

Re: Boy names with a feminine sound

• Options
    I love Rory. How about Julian?

image  image

• Options
    I love Silas Finley.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Julian
    Adrian
    Emerson
    Casey
    Riley
    Jordan
    Taylor
    Kelly
    Cory
    Colby
    <3 Delaney. 4.5.12. <3 <br> Photobucket
  • Options
    I like Rory. I definitely think Arden is a girls name. I like Silas as well. And I prefer the spelling Caelum over Callum (then he'd be named after a constellation too, which is very cool!).
    image image

• Options

mh89 said:
    I like Rory. I definitely think Arden is a girls name. I like Silas as well. And I prefer the spelling Caelum over Callum (then he'd be named after a constellation too, which is very cool!).
    Is Caelum pronounced the same as Callum? Caelum looks like KAI-lum or KAY-lum, and I think of Callum as CAL-um (where the Cal rhymes with pal)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • Options
    mh89 said:
    I believe Arden was a boy's name first, and is just used for girls in recent years. The hard "Ar" sounds very boy to me.
  • Options
    Oh maybe not. I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Kay-lum, but don't quote me on that. Might need to google research it more.
    image image

• Options
    I like Avery and Riley better as boys' names.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    Soft boy names I like: Remy, Arlo, Rhys, Aaron, Graeme, Henry, Shane, Jay, Hayden, Kai, Julian, Adrian, Francis, Robin, Sterling, Brighton, Brennan
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options

I asked about Finley last week (for a boy) since I was genuinely shocked that people can think its a girls name. And I am not against traditional boys names for girls (I used one myself) but for some reason I just cannot see anything at all about Finley that would make me want to use it on a girl.

Silas, Wesley, Callum are extremely masculine to me.

I think it's important to see the difference between names that used to be traditionally used for one sex and are now more evenly spread out, like Taylor, Avery, Emerson, Reese and then just giving your daughter a name that is still extremely male dominated. You can call your DD Callum Silas if you want (or John Michael or David Edward or whatever) but that's not making them unisex or feminine. It's giving your daughter an extremely masculine name.

Also, I am so glad I am not you right now. This thread is not going to go well for you, :p

I think most people here will actually be accepting of OP. she's asking about names for a boy not to name a girl. She just tends to like softer boys names for a boy.

OP some other suggestions: Elliot, Ellis, Avery, Parker, Peyton, Julian, Julius, Jonah

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Options
    I  have an Asa, which is very soft sounding. If this one is a boy we are going with Jonas. Jonah, Joel, Judah, Rhys, Aaron, Lane, Ellis, Gabriel, Colin, Seth? I think Silas is great too btw!
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options
    I like Reilly for a boy. Micah is a boy name with bit of a softer edge because it ends in an "a" sound.

• Options
    I always think of Gabriel or Luca as being softer sounding boys' names.  Love them both btw!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I love Ezra for a boy, of course the "a" makes it a little feminine. I also like Shea/Shay, although I'm not really sure which spelling for a boy is best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I asked about Finley last week (for a boy) since I was genuinely shocked that people can think its a girls name. And I am not against traditional boys names for girls (I used one myself) but for some reason I just cannot see anything at all about Finley that would make me want to use it on a girl. Silas, Wesley, Callum are extremely masculine to me. I think it's important to see the difference between names that used to be traditionally used for one sex and are now more evenly spread out, like Taylor, Avery, Emerson, Reese and then just giving your daughter a name that is still extremely male dominated. You can call your DD Callum Silas if you want (or John Michael or David Edward or whatever) but that's not making them unisex or feminine. It's giving your daughter an extremely masculine name. Also, I am so glad I am not you right now. This thread is not going to go well for you, :p
    I'm looking for boy names that were traditionally used for boys but are now occasionally used for girls, or for boy names that sound kind of soft like Wesley and Silas. 
    I'm not putting any of these names on girls, I think you misunderstood. 
  • Options
    I asked about Finley last week (for a boy) since I was genuinely shocked that people can think its a girls name. And I am not against traditional boys names for girls (I used one myself) but for some reason I just cannot see anything at all about Finley that would make me want to use it on a girl. Silas, Wesley, Callum are extremely masculine to me. I think it's important to see the difference between names that used to be traditionally used for one sex and are now more evenly spread out, like Taylor, Avery, Emerson, Reese and then just giving your daughter a name that is still extremely male dominated. You can call your DD Callum Silas if you want (or John Michael or David Edward or whatever) but that's not making them unisex or feminine. It's giving your daughter an extremely masculine name. Also, I am so glad I am not you right now. This thread is not going to go well for you, :p
    I think most people here will actually be accepting of OP. she's asking about names for a boy not to name a girl. She just tends to like softer boys names for a boy. OP some other suggestions: Elliot, Ellis, Avery, Parker, Peyton, Julian, Julius, Jonah
    Oh god, this will teach me to bump before coffee. :p sorry op, I thought you were asking about boys names for girls. Ignore me! Sorry!
    Oops, I replied before seeing this additional comment. No worries!
  • Options
    Ari and Ambrose

• Options
    I like the name Loren for a man...yes I said man mainly because the men I know named Loren are very masculine. And it's technically a unisex name anyways so now I'm not sure if it counts as a feminine sounding boy's name. Oh well. :)
  • Options
    I love Avery and Taylor for boys. Also, my DH's mn is Arden so it's all boy to me.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Soft boy names I like: Remy, Arlo, Rhys, Aaron, Graeme, Henry, Shane, Jay, Hayden, Kai, Julian, Adrian, Francis, Robin, Sterling, Brighton, Brennan
    Ooo! I love Brighton!
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    We also like softer names for a boy. Our top list includes:
    Shiloh
    Joshua
    Wyeth
    Gray
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe Brooks?
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options

I really like Avery for a boy.

OT but I have a Silas and if we are blessed with a girl she will most likely be Ramona. Love your name taste :)

My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Options
    We also like softer names for a boy. Our top list includes: Shiloh Joshua Wyeth Gray
    I LOVE Shiloh! Unfortunately our last name ends in an "O" sound, so it's much too rhyme-y. I love names that end in "O"/O-sounds though :-( 
  • Options

I really like Avery for a boy.

OT but I have a Silas and if we are blessed with a girl she will most likely be Ramona. Love your name taste :)

Thank you! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"