1st Trimester

Does Cinnamon causes miscarriges?

I heard that cinnamon causes miscarriages and so does papaya and pineapple, shrimp, and the list goes on.. any of you guys eat this and had a healthy pregnancies?

Re: Does Cinnamon causes miscarriges?

• We're did you hear this? Unless it was from your doctor or a reputable pregnancy website (American College of Obstetrics And Gynecology or American Pregnancy Association are good ones) then I would ignore it. There is a lot of misinformation out there.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh. My. Gosh. 8-|

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Loading the player...
  • *blinks* Uh...not that I'm aware of...
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Whoever told you that was lying. If you are concerned about what to and not to eat, you can easily google that and find a reputable source. You can also read a book.
  • I'm not going to lie, this is one of the weirdest questions.
  • Those things are all cool as far as I know. You may look into finding a more reputable resource for your do's and don't's.

I'm also curious where you heard or read this... Please share.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's true. That's why women who live in tropical/island areas never have children.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Also, the only fruit I ate throughout my entire first trimester was pineapple. 

I'm calling MUD on this one.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• No sweetie, it doesn't. You're thinking of Tigers and how they hate cinnamon. Or was it pepper.....
  • Ate it all through out all my pregnancies. I've had four pg total and 2 miscarriages. Food does not cause miscarriages. It's horrible no good luck and chromosomal issues. Eat your food.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• PS- pan fried pineapple with honey, cinnamon and shrimp is really good!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• I've seen a lot of sarcasm on a lot of diff post but honestly I don't think this is one that should be made fun of. She asked a question and is expecting an answer not a bunch of people making sarcastic remarks. Come on ladies we're all adults here and we've all been preg for the first time so try to be a lil' nicer in your responses to people.

And honey i would do what some of the PP said and look it up on the internet. I've never heard about it hurting anybody. Just do some research. :)
  • I read, in a book, that cinnamon bark essential oil is one to be avoided during pregnancy, but nothing was mentioned about the ground spice.

EDD: 03/01/13;  DD: 10/26/13

Mourning the loss of Amarine Stella, born at 21 weeks, 6 days.
    We will always love you, our little angel.
  • bucca3 said:
    You read and hear so much on the Internet and if this your first child then how are you suppose to know what is right and what is wrong all of you ladies that responded must be parents of many kids or drs that you feel these are stupid questions but to the NEW mom you r told alot of stuff so just answer nicely or don't bother at all!
    You sure told us!

✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • bucca3 said:

You read and hear so much on the Internet and if this your first child then how are you suppose to know what is right and what is wrong all of you ladies that responded must be parents of many kids or drs that you feel these are stupid questions but to the NEW mom you r told alot of stuff so just answer nicely or don't bother at all!

Pick up a pregnancy book? For Pete's sake people. Be a little self sufficient! Think about when the kid gets here. You cannot go running to the pediatrician every five seconds or rely on others to spoon feed you information. You've got to strap a two by four to your spine and do for yourself. A little help? Sure but all this hand wringing about food can get ridiculous.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• This stuff most def does not bunch my panties in a wad. I was just saying why not be nicer? I could care less how rude someone is to me. It does not bother me one bit. Obviously we have some ppl who just can't get over themselves and HAVE to be rude to make themselves feel good
  • What a dumb question! Why didn't you send sometime researching instead of asking such a wacko question. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Did I say u specifically were rude? I don't think so. So get over yourself. Her question could have been answered nicely instead of everyone telling her to do some research because we're not here for that. Whats this board for then? If you can't come her for advice what can you come here for? Guess you were never taught to play nice with people.
  • And please don't tell me not to come back just because u think u might know what I'm looking for. I'm def not looking for women like u who don't know how to be nice to anybody. I guess misery loves company so thats why u act like that! Have a good day :):)
  • bucca3 said:
    Actually, I'm a FTM. But you know what? I have COMMON SENSE. I also chose to educate myself about my pregnancy by using LEGITIMATE MEDICAL SOURCES. Maybe you could do the same? 

Oh wait. The Bump message boards are everyone's personal medical boards. I forgot. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• This stuff most def does not bunch my panties in a wad. I was just saying why not be nicer? I could care less how rude someone is to me. It does not bother me one bit. Obviously we have some ppl who just can't get over themselves and HAVE to be rude to make themselves feel good

Actually it must bother you. Otherwise, why take the time to admonish people and try to nanny the Internet? Obviously you need to take your own advice & get over yourself. No one was rude. We just expect folks to crack open a book. The horror!

Did I say u specifically were rude? I don't think so. So get over yourself. Her question could have been answered nicely instead of everyone telling her to do some research because we're not here for that. Whats this board for then? If you can't come her for advice what can you come here for? Guess you were never taught to play nice with people.

We are here for entertainment only. You should not rely on the boards for medical information. You get support by acting like an adult & not acting like a petulant toddler. I'd look to that...

I hear Babycenter & baby gaga are into the sugar coating. Maybe try your whining and finger wagging over there. If you expect others to be polite, nice and whatnot, why not try it yourself? Your posts are more rude than anything anyone else has posted, truly.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• i'm a ftm also and i have tons of questions. if you can, purchase a reputable pregnancy book. it should answer lots of your questions.
    i live in new orleans and i eat shrimp weekly, if not more. i'm also a very picky eater and i love pineapples and eat them also.  i do try to limit my consumption of shrimp, but there are certain foods/drinks pregnant women should avoid and a reputable site/book will let you know.  it's possible to drive yourself crazy and cause unnecessary stress to yourself and unborn baby by believing everything you read. good luck!
  • FFS, it's a stupid question. Seriously, if food CAUSED miscarriage, don't you think it would be very common knowledge?

And I'm sorry, it's not too much to think that women who are having children should have the common sense to be able to find out what they should/shouldn't do when pregnant. Lists of food to be avoided, and the reasons for it, are widely available. If you have to rely on strangers on the Internet for such important info, you've got bigger problems than if people are "mean" on a message board.

And yes, I would say this to someone in person, so save me the sanctimonious lecture.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • imakeeff0rtsimakeeff0rts member
    edited September 2013
    ISeeYouRN said:
    My I.Q. just dropped 20 points reading this mess....
    That's all? I was thinking more in the range of 50.
    ETA: Because my brain stopped working about halfway down this page.

• imakeeff0rtsimakeeff0rts member
    edited September 2013
    bucca3 said:
    Can you spell Bitch? I'm sure that's not the first time you heard that one!
    And....a personal insult (edit for clarity: name calling), which is a violation of TOS, gets you flagged. Good job.

• bucca3 said:
    I can most definitely spell Bitch...

By the way, that's Mrs. Bitch to you! :P

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• PrimRoseMamaPrimRoseMama member
    edited September 2013
    This is how I feel when someone busts out the personal insults. Especially "bitch". 

It makes me giggle.

Then I imagine this:

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• bucca3 said:

Sorry @imakeeff0rts but I did giggle a little at that.
    It's cool. I did, too. 

• omg the picard gif is gold!  :-bd

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Kitiara5512Kitiara5512 member
    edited September 2013
    Did I say u specifically were rude? I don't think so. So get over yourself. Her question could have been answered nicely instead of everyone telling her to do some research because we're not here for that. Whats this board for then? If you can't come her for advice what can you come here for? Guess you were never taught to play nice with people.

Entertainment, yo. TB is for entertainment. WebMD and some of the other sites mentioned are for finding out more about what is and is not good during your pregnancy. FFS, next you will freak out about JJ's not putting your lettuce on the side of your turkey sandwich.

OP, try this https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/is-it-safe.aspx and keep in mind that the best person to answer your questions is your ob.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"