March 2014 Moms
Options

Worried!! :(

Hi mummies,

Just wondering on what the list is to get for ourselves after we deliver? I really want to be prepared and get my lists ready so I'm organised.

I know so far:

maternity pads for heavy period is one,
breast pads for any leakage is two, maternity disposable underwear is three.
A nightgown is another for when we're in labour.

But what else?

Thanks in advance x

Re: Worried!! :(

• Options
    I'm bringing tank tops and nursing bras for the hospital. My nipples felt rubbed raw and touching the hospital gown was torture.
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • Options
    You might call the hospital and see what they provide. For me, there wasn't really anything I "needed" for a while after birth. I was happy to have a bathrobe and socks and my iPad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't bring a night gown just use the hospital gown. With DS I couldn't get out if bed when in labor because he didn't drop and my water broke. So I couldn't even use the bathroom so I had to use a bed pan when in labor. Also check the hospital they provided underwear while there and pads. They have amazing ice pack ones which were amazing! I brough my toiletries showe stuff shampoo etc it made me feel so much better after 23 hours of labor.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely check with the hospital to see what they provide.  I know some people like their own clothes, but I personally thought it was easier to just wear the hospital gown.  You're only there for a few days, and you don't have to worry about packing too much and doing laundry.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I rocked the hospital's disposable undies. So, I second (third, fourth, whatever) the previous posters that have said to ask the hospital what they provide.

My hospital provided undies, pads, among other things.

Nice to have my own Boppy, robe (I lived in the hospital's gowns), slippers, shampoo & conditioner, facewash, shower gel, etc. I don't recall needing breast pads but I will this time since it's #2....I'm sure my milk will come in quicker.
    Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I didnt want to sit around in a hospital gown with visitors...awkward.  I was glad I had numerous pairs of black yoga pants
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"