Infertility

delestrogen inject question

beachy6beachy6 member
edited August 2013 in Infertility

***Sig Warning***

I tried this over on the PAIF and didn't get much response...so maybe you ladies can help?

I have to do delestrogen IM injects every Tuesday and Friday during my FET and "when" it works, up until 12 weeks through pregnancy. Obviously, I'll also have the PIO daily in a couple of weeks, also. My nurse ordered 1" IM needles, thinking I would be doing the estrogen in my thigh. Oh, wasn't my plan! She said I could do it in my hip with the 1" if I wanted. My choice.

So, for anyone who has done these, do your thighs get sore like your hips from PIO? My thinking is, if my hips are already going to be taking a beating and will be sore, why do I want to add my thighs, also?! I'd really look like an idiot walking! It means 2 injections in my hips, twice a week, but it might be worth it to save another body part!

Also, has anyone ever put these 2 oils in the same syringe and just done one injection? I was looking up videos last night on thigh injects and came across how to do this. Obviously, I'll need to ask my nurse. From what I could find, some RE's say it's okay and some say to never do it. I'll of course follow what mine says, but was wondering if any of you had tried it per your RE.

And, I wish I was on those darn estrogen patches everyone talks about, for the record!! Jealous!!

(edited to add sig warning)

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

Re: delestrogen inject question

• **Ticker Warning**

I hope you don't mind me responding.  I did an FET on 6/20 with Delestrogen and PIO shots. I was on the Delestrogen for 12 weeks, and PIO 10 weeks.. and I'm still on Endometrin until 14 weeks.

My Delestrogen was on Monday and Fridays and PIO everyday.  I never gave the PIO and Delestrogen in the same hip, and I never used my thigh. On Mondays/Fridays when I had two IM shots we gave one on each side, kept a schedule of what side we used and always alternated sides.

We gave both in the evening, when my butt was extra sore, I would sit on the heating pad for about 10min before and after the shots. I also walked up and down the hallway for about 10min to keep the area loose. After about 4 weeks, the hip area where we gave the shots became kind of numb and I had knots.  My nurse indicated that was all normal, I rarely felt the shots once the area was numb. I would also massage the area for about a minute after the shot while I walked.

You CAN do this :) Wishing you lots of success!!!!

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• Thanks! So, on the nights you had 2 shots, you did one in each hip? If they eventually go numb, I'm game! That would be best I think :)

BabyFruit Ticker

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • I'm doing something similar what the person wrote in the pp but I have Delestrogen every other day so I have a few more shots. I alternate sides and my husband massages the area of the PIO shot for a good minute afterwards. He counts to three and I take a deep breath while he's sticking the needle in. I'm also using the 1-inch needle, which of course is better than the 1 1/2 inch one but it is still painful. I can't imagine doing these shots in the muscular area of my thighs; just the thought of that makes me cringe a little. I'm still in my 2WW so I don't know yet how long I'll need to continue the shots, but if I can handle them believe me anybody can.
    Me:PCOS, fibroids DH: no issues 
    TTC for 3 years. IVF #1 in Jan 12 - severe OHSS; miscarriage at 11 weeks
    2 myomectomies and 6 hysteroscopies in 2012 and 2013.
    FET in Aug 2013 BFP

• PAIF response:

I have heard massaging the injection site after giving it with a tennis ball, warm the syringe in your hands a min before giving, sit on a heating pad before and after, taking a walk or just being active for 10 min after to help it disperse, and also a hot shower after. These are some of the things I have seen other ladies recommend over the years. Never ice your butt, the oil will harden and not disperse well and cause a knot. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ***siggy warning***

I was on delestrogen (tues/fri) for both my FET as well as PIO nightly. I did them all in my hips. After a few weeks, one side would be more sore than the other and we did both shots on the same side. The delestrogen never made me sore the next day like PIO does. After the couple months, I started to feel kinda numb I the hip area. I never combined them. The syringes for delestrogen were similar to insulin needles and in measurements of 0.2-0.4ml per dose. The PIO was a much larger syringe and the dose was 1ml.the consistence were also very different which is why one makes you sore and the other doesn't. My needles were 1.5 inches. GL! Feel free to ask me if you need more advice or info. I was told no heating pad after transfer.

<Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married June 2011 Dx: anovulatory due to prolactinoma (1.5cmx 1.5cm in 2006)
    April 2012: MRI- questionable cyst 8mg by 12mm in pituitary ; referred to RE by Ob-gyn after amenorrhea x 4+ months, provera ineffective, low estrogen level
    cycle 1: May 2012, clomid 50mg; cycle cancelled, thin lining, no response
    cycle 2: June 2012, femara 5mg; cycle cancelled, no response
    cycle 3: July 2012, femara 7.5mg; cycle cancelled (largest folli on Cd12 & cd 16: 11, lining 4)
    Repeat MRI July 25,2012- Cyst unchanged, likely old infarction.
    Aug. 8: met with RE, move to injectables if HSG and SA normal
    Aug. 23: HSG all clear; DH- perfect
    Switched to a new RE in early Sept. IVF here we come
    Genetic testing reveals: Fragile X- Intermediate risk/grey zone.
    IVF#1: ER 11/30: 14 retrieved, 10 mature, 7 fertilized. E2 prior to trigger 5200. Decision made to freeze 6 embryos and transfer later due to OHSS.
    IVF#1.2/FET #1: estrogen injects start 1/18, FET delayed to try to thicken lining. lining 5.4mm. FET- 2/18- transferred one 3AA expanded blast. BFP 5dp5dt. Beta #1- 2/27 9dp5dt- 102.27 beta #2 3/1: 147 :(, beta #3 3/4: 268 told to stop meds and let nature take its course. requested 4th beta (3/6); Beta hell for 2 months.

FET # 2: endometrial scratch 5/6, added estrace vaginally and ASA to delestrogen and PIO. June 10- transferred one 4AA hatched embryo, BFP 4dp6dt, Beta 1 (9dp6dt) 187, Beta 2 (11dp6dt): 412; Beta 3 (15dp6dt ): 4452. U/S #1- one beautiful embryo with a heartbeat of 133 at 7 weeks.  8 weeks: heartbeat 156. EDD 2/26/2014: born 2-3-14 induced due to Pre-E and HELLP at 36w5d.

12/1: met with RE to discuss trying for #2

• ***siggy warning*** I was on delestrogen (tues/fri) for both my FET as well as PIO nightly. I did them all in my hips. After a few weeks, one side would be more sore than the other and we did both shots on the same side. The delestrogen never made me sore the next day like PIO does. After the couple months, I started to feel kinda numb I the hip area. I never combined them. The syringes for delestrogen were similar to insulin needles and in measurements of 0.2-0.4ml per dose. The PIO was a much larger syringe and the dose was 1ml.the consistence were also very different which is why one makes you sore and the other doesn't. My needles were 1.5 inches. GL! Feel free to ask me if you need more advice or info. I was told no heating pad after transfer.

This is what my schedule will be like. The PIO made me pretty sore, so I'm glad to hear that the delestrogen shouldn't add much to that. Also, my estrogen needle is 1" and the PIO is 1 1/2...so now it's WAY more obvious how big the PIO needle is! I'm starting with .1 on Tuesday and then going up for the next 3 injections by .1 each day. So, it really is a small amount.

Thank you all for the advice. When I did PIO before, I iced and heated, per nurse's instructions. I know some say don't and some say do. I'm glad mine is okay with it. I didn't use heat after ET, even though my nurse said I could. I was worried about heating my embryos...maybe impossible, but I figured if I couldn't get in a hot tub, it wasn't too insane! I never got lumps from icing, but I only iced for a couple of minutes to just numb my skin. I was told to not do it for longer than 5 minutes. I'm not really sure if it would have made a difference if I wouldn't have iced, but I never felt the needle going in, so maybe it helped a little? I think I'll try doing them both in different hips and change it if I need to. I'm just getting a little freaked out that this cycle (that it feels like I've waited forever to start!) is actually here...the actual transfer is in 20 days...whoot whoot!!

BabyFruit Ticker

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"